We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend with the Dogs

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend with the Dogs

We're looking for a nice relaxing spot for a long weekend that would accomodate my wife, 20 yr old son, our 2 Bernese Mt. dogs and myself. We're picking up our son and Milwaukee and will be on our way. Just need to find a place. Was thinking the Dells would be too crowded and too commercialized. Heard great things about Dorr Cty but don't know much.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
289 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend with the Dogs

Try Dillman's Sand Lake Lodge in Lac du Flambeau; nice area and my cousin took her dogs there a few years ago.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend with the Dogs

Thanks.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend with the Dogs

Don't know what you're looking to spend, but VRBO has a dog icon on all of its dog-friendly rentals.

<http://www.vrbo.com/>

Lots of options! If you want more advice once you zero in on an area, ask away.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend with the Dogs

I have also used www.vrbo.com to find dog friendly vacation rentals in Wisconsin. It worked out great both times. I rented a huge house in Hayward for $200 a night and a smaller house in Minocqua for about $135 a night. Both were on lakes, were secluded and were fully equipped. I would start researching and make a reservation soon. You can select a property with the paw logo for pet friendly and within the ad will be a calendar for checking availability.

Both Hayward and Minocqua are very nice. Cute little towns with shopping, restaurants and activities. Door County and the Dells are very popular, which means more people. LaCrosse is nice, right along the Mississippi River.

Have a great time!

5. Re: Long Weekend with the Dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 22:19