We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in WI

Wisconsin
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beaches in WI

My boyfriend and I are looking to find a nice place to stay for the weekend in Wisconsin that has access to a nice beach. Any suggestions?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in WI

Door County is very pretty. Whitefish Dunes State Park has a beautiful beach. I would recommend staying in Egg Harbor, Ephraim, Sister Bay, or Fish Creek and then doing the drive around the peninsula. Whitefish Dunes is on the east side of the peninsula, and the villages I mentioned are on the west side, but less than an hour's drive away.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in WI

The best beach I have been to in Wisconsin is on Washington Island at the tip of Door County. You have to take a car ferry to get there. It is called Schoolhouse Beach. It is all smooth limestone pebbles, no sand. Beautiful, clear, and fun. There are many places to stay on the island. If you visit the beach in the morning there are very few people.

http://www.washingtonisland.com/

St. Paul, MN
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in WI

Phillips, WI has a beautiful campground w/beach - Solberg County Park. The sandy beach is terraced with a sunbathing area. Has bathrooms and pay showers. Phillips hotels/motels include The Timberlodge in Phillips.

Baileys Harbor...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in WI

Inn At Baileys Harbor in Baileys Harbor Wisconsin is located on Lake Michigan. They have a beautiful beach area to enjoy and also have a campfire on the beach each night for us. We were able to relax, and sip our wine while enjoying the kiteboarders in the harbor.

I'd check them out!

Baileys Harbor...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in WI

Inn At Baileys Harbor in Baileys Harbor Wisconsin is located on Lake Michigan. They have a beautiful beach area to enjoy and also have a campfire on the beach each night for us. We were able to relax, and sip our wine while enjoying the kiteboarders in the harbor.

I'd check them out!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in WI

Sheboygan and Manitowoc would be good places to go. The Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan is pretty fancy but I think they offer some decent weekend packages. You'd be close to Kohler-Andre State Park, which has a great beach.

Manitowoc/Two Rivers are close to Point Beach State Forest. Another great beach area and lots of hiking trails. A few smaller hotels in the area would be fine. There's a nice hotel in Manitowoc called Inn on Maritime Bay. It's right on the lake and next door to the Maritime Museum where you can tour a WWII submarine.