We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best uncrowded clear swimming lake in Wisconsin

spring grove, il
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best uncrowded clear swimming lake in Wisconsin

Looking for a family vacation spot in Wisconsin on a clear uncrowded swimming lake for the kids. We like hiking and outdoor activities. It would be nice if there was a small tourist town within 1 hr drive. Thank you for any input.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best uncrowded clear swimming lake in Wisconsin

It's been over ten years since I was there so it may now be over run, but I bet not. We use to camp at Starrett Lake. It's in the Northern Highland State Forest. We really enjoyed it. Pam

Tomah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
473 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best uncrowded clear swimming lake in Wisconsin

Try Lake Wazee near Black River Falls. Beautiful, clear water; nice beach. Favorite spot for scuba divers. Arbutus County park is nearby for boating.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best uncrowded clear swimming lake in Wisconsin

I really enjoyed going to lake delavan. It's deep and the water quality is ok, if you pick the right day it won't be too crowded! Plus there's a resort on it!

4. Re: Best uncrowded clear swimming lake in Wisconsin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2012, 05:15