We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling with 13yr old 9yr old mid july need budget ideas

Chicago
Level Contributor
159 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
traveling with 13yr old 9yr old mid july need budget ideas

I'm traveling with 13 & 9 yr old. What a good place to stay that is budget friendly & includes attractions? Any suggustions on activities that can both children can enjoy after all I'm dealing with a teenager. I've never been camping more of an indoor type of person.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling with 13yr old 9yr old mid july need budget ideas

Get one of the less-expensive rooms at Mt Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells. You can use their indoor and outdoor waterparks and amusement parks the day of your arrival and departure. Don't expect a real nice room, but the price is right.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling with 13yr old 9yr old mid july need budget ideas

You can also visit the Circus Museum in Baraboo. Also, if you want to venture into the woods a bit, Devils Lake State Park is close and is quite good for day hikes and swimming if there is no swimmer's itch. ; )

Pam

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling with 13yr old 9yr old mid july need budget ideas

go to Green Bay:

Bay Beach Amusement Park and spend a day on the cheap--50 cent rides ($1 rollercoaster) and cheap concessions to boot. www.ci.green-bay.wi.us/BayBeach/index.html

Kastle Carts go carts is right when you pull in too (separate cost and not part of Bay Beach) Across from Bay Beach http://www.baybeachwildlife.com/ and free (so if your teen won't last long it won't be a big deal). It's a worthwhile stop.

all inclusive waterpark: Tundra resort....I wouldn't say budget friendly unless you get a deal but it does include the waterpark with your room and there's other onsite stuff as well:

http://www.tundralodge.com/

In Green Bay you can check out Lambeau, NEW Zoo, National Railroad Museum and you're close to Door County www.doorcounty.com which has much to offer.

What kind of attractions were you thinking interest wise knowing your family's tastes and also is location, within a certain distance from home?

4. Re: traveling with 13yr old 9yr old mid july need budget ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:42