We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Supper Clubs

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Wisconsin Supper Clubs

www.travelwisconsin.com/Article_Detail.aspx…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

Interesting article. I would argue that Smokie's in Madison is also a supper club. It's known for its steaks, but has a relish tray.

I bet there are still a few more of these around Wisconsin. Anyone got any to contribute?

Pam

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

I'll add one-I'm pretty sure I are here as a kid. Norwood Pines Supper Club Minoqua. http://norwoodpines.com i don't think that they are doing the relish tray, but they have the fish fry. ; )

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,866 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

The Bartolattas opened a couple of new restaurants called Joey Gerards that are in the supper club tradition. http://www.joeygerards.com/

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

The Mill. Just north of Sturgeon Bay at the intersection of Hwy 42&57

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,336 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

Rupps, downtown Sheboygan.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,336 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

I have one (sort of) but only if we re-claim the UP as part of WI. I couldn't remember if the Stonehouse was in Escanaba or Marinette. It's in Escanaba. But boy, this one personifies the ideal supper club.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

I was looking for one in Marinette itself, but when we lived there we went out to The Brothers Three for pizza or the Country Club in Menominee for a fancier dinner. I was away in college for that time, so I no doubt missed out on some good meals. ; ). Then, there was always The Hilton where my sister waited table. (Not, what you think--it's a diner.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
956 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

I think there is one just south of Jefferson (?) on highway 26 - and I think it is called Club 26. Made the news one time in Madison as a supper club. Does Ishnala qualify? It's a little higher end and I don't think they do a Friday Fish Fry, but they used to have to best relish tray and still have the little cinnamon rolls. The Esquire Club in Madison is probably a supper club - not a big fan there but lots of people are there for the fish fry. I never would have considered putting Toby's the list from the original article.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

The Laurel Supper Club near New Richmond, WI is a good one and also Jake's Supper Club in Menomonie, WI. http://www.jakessupperclub.com/

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
951 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wisconsin Supper Clubs

Green Acres in Sauk City on the west side of the Hwy 12 bridge at Hwy 78, and I would call the Old Fashioned on the square in Madison a wannabe supper club for trying to establish that sort of ambience in a modern setting. When they have an anniversary party or celebrate something local, you really can go back in time while dining there.