We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an international airport in Wisconsin

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
168 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Is there an international airport in Wisconsin

Is there an international airport in Wisconsin?

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
116 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there an international airport in Wisconsin

Technically, yes. Mitchell Field in Milwaukee has a few flights to Canada and Mexico but nothing more. Our proximity to O'Hare Field near Chicago provides access to most international destinations and it is a few hours away from the population centers in southern and southeastern WI. Most international travelers will either travel to O'Hare, or connect to international flights via Dane County Regional Airport (Madison) or Mitchell Field (Milwaukee).

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,637 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there an international airport in Wisconsin

The only international flights other than to Canada are charter flights to vacation destinations like Mexico and the Carribean. If you get a direct flight to Chicao O'Hare (ORD) there is good bus service to Milwaukee, which can be more convenient than a connecting flight.

You could also get an international flight coming in anywhere in the US and get an internal connecting flight to Milwaukee.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there an international airport in Wisconsin

To fly internationally, I go through Chicago O'Hare Airport. It's a 3 hour ride from Madison. Or I transfer from Madison's Dane County Airport to Detroit Airport. I prefer flying out through Detroit over Chicago because I've had better experiences from Detroit Airport; I find that the airport and people are nicer and it is more time efficient.

4. Re: Is there an international airport in Wisconsin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 05:15