We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Float & Camping Trip in Wisconsin for adults

3 posts
Save Topic
Planning Float & Camping Trip in Wisconsin for adults

I am trying to plan a tube floating & camping trip in Wisconsin near the Chicagoland area (within 2 hours if possible). We are looking at an outfitter who provides Tubing and Camping, and are looking at the adult friendly place (we will be celebrating a 30th birthday). Any suggestions?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Float & Camping Trip in Wisconsin for adults

adult friendly the Apple River comes to mind in regards to that but that's nowhere in the drive range you're looking for.

travelwisconsin.com/things-to-do/outdoor-fun…

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,300 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Float & Camping Trip in Wisconsin for adults

The only places I know are more than two hours north of Milwaukee. I don't know of any that are in southeastern Wisconsin.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Float & Camping Trip in Wisconsin for adults

I've google searched and found outfitters for the Sugar River? Was wondering if anybody had feedback on this area

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning Float & Camping Trip in Wisconsin for adults

I've found outfitters in Brodhead, WI on the Sugar River, just couldn't find much feedback on it

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning Float & Camping Trip in Wisconsin for adults

http://swisstown.com/recreation/ it's a beautiful area that being said not sure about the rest ie family friendly or adult friendly. The most adult friendly well known location is certainly the Apple River in Somerset. Try contacting the Chamber of Commerce for more info. on the tubing there www.swisstown.com might be a place to start.

www.swisstown.com New Glarus--great authentic Swiss dining, walking/biking trail Sugar River Trail, and the New Glarus Brewery as well. There's the Cave of the Mounds to check out and Mount Horeb www.trollway.com is neat as well as Monroe (cheese galore) for towns around New Glarus.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 20:15
6. Re: Planning Float & Camping Trip in Wisconsin for adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 06:17