We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Airlines..so frustrated!

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest Airlines..so frustrated!

I was waiting for Southwest to open reservations so I could get that done in overwith for our summer trip. It's great that they are now accepting reservations til August BUT the cut off is August 3 which means I can get there but I can't get back! During such heavy summer travel time whay don't they open it til the end of the month??? Has anyone else run into this problem?

So many people fly home in August..after all it's the end of the summer, kids need to get back to school etc. I did call Southwest and they said another change will be "down the road sometime"

sigh

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Airlines..so frustrated!

Wow! That would be frustrating and makes no sense at all for travel planners. Seems we all should let SW know that it is not a "travel friendly" way to operate. I waited forever, it seems, for the summer to open up. Can't imagine having to book 1/2 my flight for a much planned trip. Sorry Pozi.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
369 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Airlines..so frustrated!

DOn't know if this is an option for you but I booked my trip with frontier airlines for Aug 9 return Aug 23 about a month ago. We are flying out of a smaller regional airport rather than the main hub here, and returning from a different airport than we fly into. (Into Spokane and out of Rapid City) They offered the best prices I could find and seem to have a good reputation. Might be worth a look.

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
Rapid City
Rapid City
South Dakota
New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Airlines..so frustrated!

Thanks Prac. That's a great idea!

I actually just got off the phone with Southwest and they told me that on January 31st the schedule will be changed to accept reservations until 8/22. That's a huge relief for me as I still have plenty of time to scout out other fares as well.

Thanks for the tip, kencolian. I just checked out Frontier as well, that's an option I hadn't thought of. The departure airport is my second choice, but still a choice.

4. Re: Southwest Airlines..so frustrated!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 03:19