We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

Most say there are 10-15 miles away but looking to see what/where is actually the closest location. Thanks

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
862 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

Most all of the hotels in Jackson are consolidated to the downtown (central square) area. Maybe don't choose one that is south of town, but even those will only be about 5 minutes further. There are a couple options to the east of town (closer to the airport), but that will only save you a mile or so of travel. Unless you're so tight on time to catch the flight that every minute counts, I'd just choose one based on price and comfort.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
862 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

Nubbsy...got my directions mixed up. Here's the correct advise:

Most all of the hotels in Jackson are consolidated to the downtown (central square) area. Maybe don't choose one that is SOUTH EAST of town, but even those will only be about 5 minutes further. There are a couple options to the NORTH of town (closer to the airport), but that will only save you a mile or so of travel. Unless you're so tight on time to catch the flight that every minute counts, I'd just choose one based on price and comfort.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

We stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge and made a 6:00AM flight without. It was about a 50 minute drive.

Not suggesting it but throwing it out there if you want an alternative.

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

probably the closest hotel to the airport is the elk refuge inn. it's about a mile north of downtown jackson, right across from the elk refuge. that's the last one i can think of before you get to the airport. i'd say it's less than 10 minutes from the airport.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

Thanks. I am assuming that all the hotels in the square are within a fairly reasonable distance to the airport. Guess they just need to decide on a place to stay.

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

Jackson is a very small town -- there really isn't anything that would be considered an "airport" hotel -- it's just not needed. Have a great time!

7. Re: Need hotel recommendation in Jackson close to Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 09:26