We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline policies?

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Airline policies?

Those of you who've traveled via air recently, what are the current no no's? I've heard aeresol cans? Is this carry on only, or checked baggage too? any carry-on size changes? How do they handle perscription drugs? I've already informed my 6 year old that we will have to purchase another cap gun upon arrival, because he can't take his on the plane. anything else?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline policies?

what airline are you flying? you should contact them with regard to what's allowed, how big the carry-on bag can be, etc.

i know you can't bring nail clippers or lighters/matches. be sure to wear shoes that are easy to get on/off as security will more than likely ask you to remove them to be x-rayed.

before you go through security, take all of your rings, watches, change in your pocket and anything metal (except for belt buckles) off and put them in a pocket in your carry-on bag. have your ticket/boarding pass and driver's license in your hand, and be ready to take off your shoes. this will save you and the rest of the passengers time. i've flown many times since 9/11 and if you do these things, then security will wisk you through and it's no big deal. if you go through the metal detector and it beeps, then it can be a hassle for everyone involved because you'll have to go back and take off a ring or whatever and try again....no matter what you'll usually have to be "wanded" by a security officer and it's kind of embarrassing. hope this helps. : )

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline policies?

We're flying United.... Yes, I'll call them and ask about aeresols, and prescription drugs. Thanks for the tips on jewelry.