We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan tours

Kansas City
14 posts
Save Topic
Caravan tours

We are considering a Caravan tour this summer to Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone and Tetons. Has anybody had experience with this company on this tour? We are concerned that they show daily departures from Rapid City, but can't believe they fill a bus load every day. Since they do not do air arrangements, we are afraid they may cancel some tours and we would be stuck with flights.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan tours

A very general and third hand response, but I know several people who have used Caravan Tours (assuming it's the same company) and there were very pleased.

I'd ask them your questions and seek a direct answer. Or, check with local travel agents about experience with Caravan Tours.

CT might have a guarantee statement on their website or materials.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan tours

I took this tour last summer and it really was a great experience. I was also concerned about them cancelling our trip but our bus was full and we chose a midweek start date. (we also ran into the groups a day ahead and behind us and they were full too) We had a wonderful time, we saw a lot of places we might have skipped had we done the trip on our own. it's definitely worth the money.

Kansas City
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravan tours

Thanks Jensu. I was concerned because I couldn't find anything about a guarantee on their site, but did note they said they could cancel any trip at any time!

Ohio
Level Contributor
247 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravan tours

Just wondering if you have taken your trip yet? I am considering this tour for next year and would love to read a review.

Kansas City
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Caravan tours

Actually we are taking the Globus tour of that area next month. Our travel agent told us the Caravan was the cheapest because they cut a few corners here and there and she felt we would have a better tour with another company.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caravan tours

MikeMom, I think it's unfair to make such a statement w/o providing specifics as to what, if any, "corners were cut". It doesn't help our fellow readers. Moreover, travel agents might generate more income from one tour than another, so motives might come into play here. If rooms were less than deluxe, perhaps they are just fine if less costly. If fewer miles and sights, perhaps that is the reason for the lower price, but that should not be perceived as cutting corners.

Edited: 10 July 2010, 02:50
7. Re: Caravan tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 05:15