We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip planning questions

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Trip planning questions

In september, I am doing a three week road trip through the West, taking in mostly national parks.

I have a drive scheduled from GTNP to moab, which I would like to break up into a 2-4 hour drive on one evening, and then about 6 hours the next day.

I was hoping to find a suggestion of a good stopover for the night, and some fun stops along the way.

Thank you for your input.

Kristof

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip planning questions

Four hours takes you out of Wyoming, pretty much. But Fort Bridger is a good place to stop and so is Evanston. Depending on when in September, you could run into the Fort Bridger Rendezvous - a great time. And Evanston's downtown is full of interesting things and good food.

On your way down, be sure to take your time going through Star Valley. It's one of the hidden gems of our state.

Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Evanston
Evanston
Wyoming
Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip planning questions

Yes, the Star Valley. Scenic and lots of interesting vacation homes to look at. Evanston is a nice peaceful town.

Another option is US-89 along the shores to Bear Lake in Idaho & Utah and then stop in Logan, UT. Although if time permitted (and depending on day of week) getting on the other side of Salt Lake City would be good because from either Evanston or Logan the next morning would be fighting work related traffic into SLC. If at least a little on the south side then the next morning would be headed the oppostie direction from the commuters. Worth the little longer drive the night before.

Mentioned in this post
Evanston
Evanston
Wyoming
Logan
Logan
Wasatch Range, UT
Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
5,126 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip planning questions

Another vote for Evanston ;) BTW when is your trip?

Mentioned in this post
Evanston
Evanston
Wyoming
4. Re: Trip planning questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 14:18