We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sacajawea's grave

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
899 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Sacajawea's grave

All being well in June we shall be leaving GTNP by the Moran entrance (US26/287) making our way back to Denver and I would like to visit the gravesite of Sacajawea.

We will be stretched for time and I was wondering if it is easy to find, or can anyone give specific instructions.

Thank you for any help.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,988 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sacajawea's grave

Here is info on the site-

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/25561

Have been that route but never visited the gravesite.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
899 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sacajawea's grave

Thank you so much for that Peachbelle - I have saved the item to my notes to be printed out.

Can't believe I forgot to look there as I have seen the site recommended a lot on the Road Trips forum.

Thanks again.

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sacajawea's grave

For what it's worth ...

Two widely separated areas claim to have Sacajawea's gravesite. One of them is the site where they say she died as a young woman, in her 20's if I recall correctly. At the other one, they say she lived a much longer life, into her 50's or 60's if I recall. I don't have the specifics here close at hand at the moment, sorry.

At Lewis and Clark National Historical Park (nps.gov/lewi) you wil be told she died as a young woman. I believe them to be correct.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
899 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sacajawea's grave

Thanks for the information Bill. I have read a good bit about Sacajawea and know the story regarding the discrepancies of her final resting place.

As we are hoping to be passing one I thought it too good an opportunity to miss.

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sacajawea's grave

AngelaG, I completely agree. Either gravesite would have its fascination.

6. Re: Sacajawea's grave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:41