We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Itinery

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need Itinery

We are planning a trip out West for the first time next summer. We will be staying in Park City Utah for 1 week. We would like to also visit Jackson Hole, Grand Teton, Yellowstone and possibly Cody. We will probably fly into Salt Lake and head from the airport to one of the above destinations. I was hoping someone could help with just hitting the main attractions in each area and places to stay. I was hoping to to do them all in about 8 days then head back to Park City for a week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,021 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Itinery

From SLC it is a 5 hour drive to Jackson Hole. Here is a general suggestion for time needed in each area-

Jackson Hole- 1-2 days

Grand Teton NP- 2 days

Yellowstone NP- 3-4 days

Cody- 1-2 days

Jackson Hole is great for shopping, taking the tram up in Teton Village, etc.

Grand Teton- touring and seeing Morman Row, Snake River (possible raft trip on the river), Jackson Lake boat trip, hiking.

Yellowstone- the area is huge and there is much to see and do- check out this link and map for possibilities-

http://yellowstone.net/intro/top-10/

Most people want to see the geyser area near Old Faithful, Lake area, Canyon area, Artist Point , Lamar and Hayden Valley for wildlife viewing.

There are a lot of things to do beside just touring in the park such as cookout at Roosevelt and horseback riding, fishing, float trips, hiking, etc.

Cody- has the BB museums and the rodeo which are not to be missed.

If you want in park lodging in Yellowstone then I suggest splitting time between Old Faithful area and Lake/Canyon area. It would be a good idea to go ahead and try and book ASAP.

Check out the NPS websites for great info. I am sure some of the DE's will also give you great advice.

2. Re: Need Itinery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:19