We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip... Lodging suggestions please

1 post
Save Topic
Last minute trip... Lodging suggestions please

I am planning a last minute trip for Labor Day this year to Yellowstone National Park. I will be driving from Texas to Wyoming. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to stay? We are thinking a cabin would be nice. There are only two of us.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute trip... Lodging suggestions please

Hi,

There is only one YNP vendor that manages lodging inside the park. They are called Xanterra, and you can organize reservations via this link http://www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com

You might not find much available, if anything but Xanterra has a very forgiving 48 hour full refund cancellation policy, so it is imho easy to get something if you are diligent with either phone calls during the work day, or creating a favorite off your preferred lodging and dates so you can easily refresh and see what comes available.

If you are not a risk taker, or prefer to at least have something available, then I would check the gateway towns of Yellowstone such as West Yellowstone or Gardiner, MT. I would verify their cancellation policy so you can move into the park should something come available, which is always will to some extent.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute trip... Lodging suggestions please

Not sure what you are looking for in thinking a cabin would be nice., so just FYI, there is no cooking in any YNP lodging, cabins included. Look at the lodging descriptions on Xanterra so you know what you are getting. The cabins will be in a group of lodging, mostly duplex or quads, not on a lake, no TV or AC. But the good news is, you are in Yellowstone!

Head the advice of Bluebird- stalk and call Xanterra to get in park lodging. Good Luck!

3. Re: Last minute trip... Lodging suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:17