We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

42-mile Scenic Loop Drive

Overlea, Maryland...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
42-mile Scenic Loop Drive

HI. We are planning a two week honeymoon to Montana where we will, in spite of all the folks saying we shouldn't, attempt to see a lil bit of the Tetons, Yellowstone, and Glacier. I understand we can't do/see all these places have to offer ..but we also don't get the opportunity to travel very often so when we do I try to pack as much in as I can. We plan to tent camp to stretch our dollars along the way. Ok, so. We are flying into Jackson Hole from Maryland the first week of August 2014. Probably will be hitting up the Albertson's for some essentials and then setting up at Gros Ventre. In the morning we will enjoy the Solitude Float tour up the Snake River. Upon completion of the tour, we will embark upon the 42-mile Scenic Loop Drive and this is where I could use some input. Apparently this drive can be done in 1-2 hours but we are happy to make it last a while longer...what are the things we should stop and do/see along this loop?..any campgrounds along the loop that you would recommend?.

Overlea, Maryland...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 42-mile Scenic Loop Drive

Sorry...I should have said we are planning a honeymoon to Montana/Wyoming...

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 42-mile Scenic Loop Drive

Here's some information on the highlights of the loop.

jacksonholenet.com/scenic_drives/grand_teton…

myscenicdrives.com/drives/…grand-teton-loop

Hope that answers your questions.

3. Re: 42-mile Scenic Loop Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 06:19