We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Dude Ranch

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Family Dude Ranch

Hi .. I am looking to visit a dude ranch with my wife and two children (5&9 yrs old). We are beginner riders. We would like a place that has plenty of activities for the kids .Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Ken

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,783 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Dude Ranch

Here's information on dude ranches in the area of Jackson Hole:

www.jacksonholenet.com/lodging/ranches.php

Here's information on dude ranches in Wyoming. You can screen ranches for various activities:

http://www.duderanch.org/wyoming-dude-ranch

If you're interest in Jackson Hole ranches, send questions after you've reviewed these sites and links to the individual ranches. I'd be glad to help you further.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,783 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Dude Ranch

Forgot to mention this: Check carefully about a ranch's minimum horseback riding age. Many of them start at 5 or 6, and some don't have a minimum age. But I'm sure you want your 5yo to have the opportunity to do some horseback riding.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Dude Ranch

Thank you

Rock Springs...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Dude Ranch

TetonBill has given you some great resources.

One of the decisions you'll need to make is which region of Wyoming you'd like to visit. The Jackson area is, of course, fantastic. But don't forget to consider the southern half of our state as well - A Bar A in the Medicine Bow Mountains has a very comprehensive program for kids.

So, the steep majesty and evergreen beauty of northwest Wyoming? Or the open, rolling beauty of southeast Wyoming? I think you might need to come see us twice!

5. Re: Family Dude Ranch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 06:20