We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping and bears - wild life?

Ohio
13 posts
Save Topic
Camping and bears - wild life?

I will not be camping or traveling in Yellowstone

While in Wyoming:

Are there any other areas that I should not camp due to bear populations or problems

General safe guards, ideas .....I have camped at Glacier National Park....

Two Dogs Guide Service
River Rafting & Tubing, Fishing Charters & Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Yellowstone Hiking Guides
Walking Tours, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Shurr Adventures
Kayaking & Canoeing, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping and bears - wild life?

Grizzlies are present in almost all of NW Wyoming. Bearspray has been demonstrated by the Alaska DFG as the clearly logical protection over conventional firearms and ammunition. If you are camping with your vehcile unlike Yosemite vehicles are considered "bear proof" here for the most part. Don't sleep in the same clothes you cook in, cook well away from you campsite, etc. I'd get the NFS info on bear protocols.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping and bears - wild life?

>Are there any other areas that I should not camp due to bear populations or problems

These "problem areas" vary year to year and month to month. If you're concerned, contact the forest service and ask if there have been problems with bears in the area before you set up camp.

3. Re: Camping and bears - wild life?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 08:19