We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sturgis rally

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Sturgis rally

Is the Sturgis Rally Aug 4-9 in 2015? Is Yellowstone NP also crowded with bikes the week before and after this?

Rock Springs...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sturgis rally

The website says August 3 to 9 for 2015. There are a fair amount of bikes in Yellowstone during the week before and after as rally goers travel to South Dakota. I've camped in Yellowstone during a bike trip and it is a great experience.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sturgis rally

Thanks so much I didn't know it had its own website! I think we are looking for peace and quiet so will try and avoid it. Lucky I read about it because I had planned to be there that entire week...off to reshuffle our trip.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sturgis rally

So the majority would leave Yellowstone on the 9th or 10th via the east entrance via Cody or the North East via Beartooth Hwy to get to South Dakota?

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sturgis rally

"So the majority would leave Yellowstone on the 9th or 10th via the east entrance via Cody or the North East via Beartooth Hwy to get to South Dakota?"

A lot of Sturgis bikers will probably still be around Sturgis on those dates in August.

The Beartooth is a popular motorcycle ride & there is a well-known bike shop in Red Lodge at which many stop.

Also know that the Beartooth biker rally in Red Lodge rides the Beartooth into the park on both sides of the 3rd weekend of July.

However, I've been in the park around the Sturgis rally & it was not that noticeable. The only disturbances is when bikers & it's only some, drive through with their music booming when we are watching wildlife.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sturgis rally

Thanks denalicat. I can shuffle things so we arrive in yellowstone on 11 or 12 aug. We get to go to Tofino now, I had cut it out : )

Edited: 07 April 2014, 21:52
6. Re: Sturgis rally

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 07:15