We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

North Vernon
Level Contributor
65 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

Interested in live music in Apache Junction, AZ. Will be visiting the week after Easter, 2010. (4/7-4/12).

Also, best outdoor eating venues

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

hmmm. without knowing you, it is difficult to understand what you consider nightlife...but IMHO there is NO nightlife whatsoever in Apache Junction, its a vast suburban wasteland. You need to consider checking out Tempe or Scottsdale which are not far but you will need to get into a car.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

Well, as woo mentioned, it depends what you would consider nightlife. A.J. is rather rough around the edges. (A number of years ago, when I was taking one of those driver's classes for people who received a ticket, the instructor was a highway patrolman. He told us that A.J. had more convicted felons living there than in any other AZ city...However, that was a while ago.)

Anyway, there probably is someplace where local bands play on the weekends. And, there may be outdoor eating there. To my knowledge there really aren't any places, other than the likes of McDonald's, which offer any kind of patio dining. Just east of A.J. is Gold Canyon which is more likely to have the dining.

I have some friends who live out that way. I will check with them.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

If you like cowboy bands, Goldfield Ranch has live western music most weekends. It's a "ghost town" - pretty touristy - but they have decent cowboy steaks, etc.

The Mining Camp has great family style BBQ ribs, beef and chicken, but I don't know if they have live music.

The nightlife of AJ is basically some local bar bands and not much else. Nothing fancy out there. Tempe is your closest (albeit 20 miles away or so) bet for any real nightlife.

Apache Junction. Az
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

Yes Goldfield Ghost Town has a good restaurant, with great steaks etc. (usual other menu items) They have live music, different singers etc. If you sit out on the balcony, theres a very good country singer there plus you get a fantastic view of the Superstitions & the Native American Apache that can be seen sleeping on them at dusk. You can go horseback riding out there in the desert & just stop by & tie up your horse to the hitchingpost & walk in.There is also The Hitching Post itself, where you can also drop by whilst out for a ride, its next to the Dash Inn & Gas Station. I've heard good things about the Mining Camp restaurant, which apparently has big meals so don't eat close to going there.

Also theres a place called Fillys, which puts on a good spread and also has live bands, plus a dance floor.

A Village Inn in A.J. has just been renovated & you usually get a very nice meal there.

There are other bars & grills in the area, don't be put off, its a great place.

Theres a Sports Bar just behind Walmart aswell

North Vernon
Level Contributor
65 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

Thank you for your input. I am visiting a friend in AJ, so that is why I am interested in that town. It will just be a visit to reminisce, so just wanted to kick back, eat some good local food, listen to some live music and enjoy the scenery. I'm sure we will find enough to do...not really looking for some nightlife hookups, just a fun time.

JR2
Ontario
Level Contributor
529 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

Superstition Skies on 945 E Scenic St, AJ is a fun place to go and the food is not all that bad either. They usually have a good house band playing.

yelp.com/biz/superstition-skies-restaurant-a…

7. Re: Nightlife in Apache Junction, AZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Apache Junction
More Apache Junction Topics