We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount tickets

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Discount tickets

Going to Anaheim in mid October this year 2017. 3 families.

Confused if the discount savings are worth it for 3 day ticket to Disneyland/CA (save $US 7 per ticket) and Universal 1 day (save $US 5 per ticket).

Not interested in park hopper or combo for extra cost.

It would appear only Universal bought tickets let you in 1 hour early entry. Ares Travel and Getawaytoday make no mention while Universal says "Early Entry requires purchase of Park admission ticket from UniversalStudiosHollywood.com". On the other hand Universal requires you to name the day of visit.

Maybe Ares for Disney stuff and Universal's own site??

Comments?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,741 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
7 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount tickets

Some info:

Yes, only tickets purchased on Universal's website will get you in that hour early. It is worth it just to get in to HP before main park opening. It would have to be a substantial saving somewhere else to offset having that benefit

Another site you could check to compare prices is American Airlines Australia -> 'Plan Travel' -> 'Activities' tab - type Anaheim, dates & tick theme parks - cost is in AUD and AAA email you an eticket for Disneyland that you take straight to the turnstiles - bypassing the ticket booths. Pretty sure but not certain that Ares you have to go to the booths.

I have used AAA several times and usually found them the cheapest but that can depend on whatever current deals are out there. Just worth comparing and converting to USD price you're getting with Ares / Universal to see what the comparison is.

You could also put the location as LA and check their price for Universal but as mentioned, you only get early entry when purchasing direct from their website. I can't remember if the AAA Universal tickets allow you to go directly to the turnstile or not - I would have to try and check back to when we used them to see.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,993 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount tickets

Well you can purchase an "any day" ticket on the Universal website so you could visit any day, but those do cost more. And yes, early entry is only available if you purchase tickets on the Universal Studios website ahead of time. There are hardly any discount more than about $8 for Universal Studios. I think that $8 is much better spent purchasing tickets on their website and getting that 1 hour early entry to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. But up to what you may want to do.

Looks like the American Airlines Australia discount is not that good right now for 3 day 1 Park per day tickets. Their only appears to be a $10 usd discount offered.

Last Minute Travel.. which I have recently used with no issues at all is showing a $20 usd discount for 3 day 1 Park per day tickets at $249 right now. You can sign up for membership, and there is usually discount code which lets you in for free listed. You can look on this Disboards site which talks about the discount and codes. etc. Keep in mind, you can also just call them direct to purchase tickets without joining.

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios...
31,679 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The Wizarding World of...
1,093 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount tickets

Got stung at Last Minute travel was discounted till I paid and then realized the price was no longer discounted. Ended up dearer than Disney. Asked to cancel and refund but they would only give credit.

Won't be recommending them at all

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,993 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount tickets

Unfortunately, thats the case with almost any kind of discount ticket, so you do have to make sure the discount is still there when actually purchasing through any site. And most wont refund any ticket as most clearly state on their sites usually.

Edited: 22 September 2017, 07:00
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount tickets

So sorry to hear that - how incredibly annoying / disappointing for you : (

I haven't used them myself but generally I've heard mainly good reports - sorry that happened to you!

What's done is done though - try and move forward with planning your trip and I hope everything else goes to plan and you have a wonderful time :-)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,993 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount tickets

I have to stay though, I have never seen any discount sites I have looked at to ever have pricing higher that what was offered by Disney.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,993 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discount tickets

Im assuming this was a purchase through LMT in the past? As they are still showing the same discounts when I purchased in late August.

Reply to: Discount tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted