We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
50 reviews
MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

We are going to be in Disney one day, Jan 3. No doubt the parks will be very busy. When purchasing MaxPass on the Disney website, it warns that phone-based FastPass is subject to availability and not guaranteed. Are we likely to be denied phone-based FastPass access on Jan 3 due to large crowds?

7 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,569 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

This is what I just posted in your other post on this subject......

Its Fastpasses in general that often can be gone quite early in the day when its very busy with alot of people inside the Parks. So no way to really know if they may be available. Max Pass is the same offering of Fastpasses just has the ability to do it by phone. I would suggest looking at the free Disneyland App on your phone before you enter either Park if you are not coming in till the early afternoon to make sure the rides you want still have a Fastpass available. Otherwise, you may not want to purchase it if you are coming in later.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,516 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

Also be aware that Disneyland and Disney California may or may not have spotty WiFi. Most of the time it works just fine, but occasionally there may be a slight temporary issue.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

I've had a couple of friends visit who have said the wifi is very unreliable and only available in certain areas. They ended up having to use their own wifi

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

We just got back from DLR and talked to many, many people who were having trouble with their purchased MaxPass. Even some of the cast members privately recommend just using the "old" FastPass.

Maui
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
82 reviews
5. Re: MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

Thank you Happy. I used the Disneyland App, but didn't realize that I could get the additional info regarding distribution times for the fast pass. It is 6:00 pm now, and Guardians of the Galaxy is already out of Fastpass tickets. They close at Midnight! Sometimes challenged with apps. lol

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
218 posts
6. Re: MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

We were they a couple of weeks ago Monday - Friday and fast passes for Guardians, radiator springs racers and space mountain were all out by late afternoon each day. Try to get those fast passes by 3 or 4:00 at the latest.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
176 reviews
7. Re: MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days

I was there last weekend, on Sunday and Monday. we used Maxpass on both days. It was amazing, not having to run from one fastpass booth to another. at one time i was actually holding 3 fast passes for different rides. The return windows were mostly lesser than 1 hour. the wifi in the park is uunreliable but we had our own US SIM, which was also spotty in some areas. I also saw that when I cancelled a FP, an earlier window opened up for another ride. honestly I don’t know how I am going to go back to the traditional method lol.

we were there from rope drop so had full use of it. I think if you only get to the park a bit later, you might not be able to take full advantage of it.

Reply to: MaxPass and FastPass on Busy Days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted