We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

Hawaii
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

Please let me know of any good inexpensive Buffets or places to eat....... I am going with my family in May and will have a car to get around. Mahalo

Anaheim, CA
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

The places I'm about to recommend are all within a 10 minute drive or so of the resort area.

First, you can't go wrong with Hometown Buffet. Turn West onto Katella and it's on your left hand side before Euclid (turn into the parking lot at Arby's). It's about $10 for dinner and they have a large selection of entrees and deserts. Also, they have a good breakfast buffet for about $7-$8 on weekends.

A good Chinese buffert (New World Buffet) is at Euclid and Romneya on the left-hand side. They have a good seafood selection plus a fairly extensive sushi bar included in the $10 price. Take 5-North for one exit to Euclid. Turn R onto Euclid and follow it to Romneya (if you reach the 91 freeway, you went too far). Another good Chinese buffet is China Buffet in Fullerton, at Harbor and Orangethorpe. They also have a good selection and a Mongolian Grill included in the $10 price. Simply turn N onto Harbor, and follow that all the way through Anaheim, past the 91 freeway to Orangethorpe (on your left hand side).

A couple of other places worth mentioning that aren't buffets . . . Chris-n-Pitts BBQ has large portions of steaks, ribs, etc, at can't-beat prices. Take 5-North for one exit to Euclid. Turn R on Euclid and it will be on your left-hand side at Crescent (2-3 lights after they freeway). Also, in this plaza you have a large variety of Asian restuarants that should provide cheap eats.

And finally, for some typical diner fare, keep going N on Euclid to Norm's Restaurant (on the left hand side, just past La Palma). They're open 24 hours and have huge portions of quality food at rock-bottom prices.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

cr4909,

Mahalo(Thank you) for your reply complete with driving directions.... I really appreciate it...... I've been to the hometown buffet and we really liked it... As for chinese food we are from Hawaii so that should be good too..... thanks again

new zealand
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

Hi cr4009

We are also going in May and wondered if the Norms dinner is near the anaheim plaza? I'm sure my husband would love to visit this place for a meal? We will have no vehicle as we come from NZ and this will be our first visit.

Also I have seen a post mentioning the $3.00 meal deal at McDonalds. Is this a childs meal? What does it consist of? We too are on a tight budget and I am trying to get an idea of a meal budget? Does anyone know of any sites to print coupons of for discounts or freebies with meals. Thank you.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

Hi boxofnerves,

I went to mapquest.com to get directions to Norm's. We are staying at Ramada Inn next door to the Plaza and when I tracked it on map quest it is 3.6 miles away from the hotel. Another place that we enjoyed last year was Hometown buffet located at 1630 West Katella Ave. (714) 539-2234 it is less than 2 miles from our hotel (4 minutes by car) and the buffet was wonderful. There is something for everyone to enjoy... We practically ate there everyday on our last trip as the menu somewhat changes on a daily basis. Also I was told your hotel has a breakfast buffet for $8.00 per person and children under 8 eat free... We will try the breakfast there to fuel up till we eat an early dinner and just bring snacks into the park.. hope you have a wonderful time!!

Anaheim, CA
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

boxofnerves,

No, Norm's would not be convenient to get to without a car. However, you might want to try Hometown Buffet if you don't mind taking a 5-minute bus ride. Just walk south on Harbor to the intersection at Katella, and then take Bus#50 West to Katella and Euclid (it runs every 20-30 mins, I think). Cross the street to the other side of Katella and it's in the middle of that shopping plaza.

As far as McDonald's is concerned, there is one near your hotel. I don't know of any $3 meal deal, as most combo meals are $4-$5. However, they do have a dollar value menu. You can get a double cheesburger, chicken sandwich, small fries, and sundae for $1 each.

As far as coupons are concerned, you might try the information pamphlets in your hotel lobby or neighboring hotels. Sometimes those travel pamphlets have coupons for area restaurants.

new zealand
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

Hi thank you for all your info. There is one thing that I could share with you which may or may not be of any use.

On the disney website for Aus and NZ I applied for and got a free Disney vacation planner DVD. It is really awesome and a fanastic keepsake as it shows footage of the two parks flying over them. This we would never be able to do while we were there!! It was nicely packaged as well.

It shows a hint of the rides and I am sure it will be very exciting when we come back for the kids to see it(I am not showing them before we go) and say they have been there. It also shows downtown disney and the three disney hotels. its dated 2004-2005 so I hope this helps as you maybe able to get it in america? if you are not from aus or NZ. Enjoy

Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

Hi boxofnerves

Would it be convenient for you to give me the website which gives the free vacation planning dvd?

I would really love to have it. I searched many websites but none of them has this planning kit.

Thanks in advance!

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Eats in Anaheim area?

You're on vacation!

Try somewhere more interesting than a Hometown Buffet!

Check out Zankou Chicken on Ball Road...

http://www.zankouchicken.com