We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which character meal?

Fruita, CO
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Which character meal?

I did a search on character meals on this forum and am having a difficult time deciding which one to do - they all sound fun. I have 2 and 4 year old girls - maybe leaning towards Ariel's Grotto? I am reluctant to do a breakfast meal because I want to get to the park early. Any suggestions on which character meal we should go to would be great! Thanks.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which character meal?

We also don't like doing breakfast character meals because of time, but also don't want to be weighed down by a big breakfast. In February we did dinner at Goofy's Kitchen and it was WONDERFUL. Characters included Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Snow White, Mulan

Heron, Montana
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which character meal?

My family went to 2 Character meals. One at Goofy's Kitchen and one at Ariel's Grotto. At Goofy's Kitchen, we had dinner, which was really good (Prime Rib) and it was a lot of fun with Goofy coming out to dance with the kids. At Ariel's Grotto we had a late lunch. The food was OK, but we mainly went for our 3 yr. old daughter. It wasn't as much fun as Goofy's kitchen. Nothing to participate in. It was more a quiet atmosphere. The princesses all came to the table and visited. My daughter still remember's it like it was yesterday and it was a year and a half ago.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which character meal?

We had a very different experience at Ariel's Grotto. The "traditional" Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie & the gang) were there along with a guy leading the kids in dances, games, and general Goofy-ness (pun intended!) throughout our meal. He was great with all of the kids, including my daughter who was at first very shy to join in. They limboed, did the chicken dance, and so on. It seemed like in our case they did a better job of including more kids than our meals at Goofy's Kitchen.

That being said, my very gregarious and outgoing son always had a blast at Goofy's. Just depends on the crowd and the Cast Member's I guess!

I also preferred Ariel's because it felt smaller and less crowded than Goofy's Kitchen. We also sat outside near the water which made the experience more laid back and pleasant for the adults!

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which character meal?

With 2 princesses of your own, DEFINITELY Ariel's Grotto, they will love all the princesses! I bumped up an Ariel's Grotto post for you to read. My girls love it there and dress up in their princess costumes, very sweet! You won't have to chase down the princesses for their autographs as they come to you.

Alberta
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which character meal?

Ariel's Grotto has more sea orientated food, but it's all good tasting. We had Snow White, Belle, Ariel, cinderella, and Aurora come out and they were all very nice, even talked like them!! It's worth the price of going.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which character meal?

We were at DL a few years ago and did an early entry breakfast at the end of Main Street w/ Winnie Pooh & friends. Kids loved Tigger rolling on the floor. We finished breakfast and still had to wait for them to drop the rope to open the park so we didn't lose any riding time. Also had lunch at Ariel's Grotto, really liked that and hadn't realized it would be a character meal.

7. Re: Which character meal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 18:16