We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney land in October for a 3 year old.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Disney land in October for a 3 year old.

My family and I are going on a long road trip. We are going to stop at Disney Land. We are going to stay there for 4 nights, My question is: Is there enough for a 3 year old to do? or should I wait until he is older?

Thank you

BRISBANE
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney land in October for a 3 year old.

You would easily be able to fill a couple of days with your 3 year old. I took my daughter who is the same age and she did not want to leave! She could not do most of the majors because of height restrictions but all of fantsyland, toontown, most of tomorrowland were no problems. It really depends on what type of things your 3 year old likes doing.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney land in October for a 3 year old.

I think it depends on your child. Mine have all LOVED DL and CA since they were tiny and even before they know what anything was - they would sit on our laps and laugh. They are also fearless when it comes to character and rides. Your three year old will be able to ride almost everything \at the park (with a few exceptions), enjoy all the shows and there is at least a half day of activities for her at Cal Adventure (and you can spend the rest with him playing on the playground eating ice cream, watching shows as you and your spouse switch off going on the grown up rides. It is also good at that age to take it easy and take breaks as needed instead of going into over stimulation mode.

If your child does not like characters, crowds, rides - DL will be a stressful experience for you and you spouse.

Another option to consider for that age is Legoland in Carlsbad, a much smaller park geared towards younger children (3-10 or so). It is a one day park and is very nice.

My kids favorite is DL - but they really enjoy Legoland as well.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney land in October for a 3 year old.

Definitely take him! Here are some things he will like that you might not be thinking of:

1. A ride on the Horse Drawn Streetcar. Petting the horse after the ride.

2. Watching the swans in the ponds in front of the Castle.

3. Winnie the Pooh ride

4. Mickey Mouse shaped pretzel.

5. Enchanted Tiki Room

6. Gibson Girl Ice Cream or Dole Whip pineapple treat

7. A ride on the King Arthur's Carousel.

8. The Jungle Cruise Ride

9. A ride on the Mark Twain

10. A ride on the Disneyland Railroad

11. Watching a parade.

12. Plus more in Disney's California Adventure

Add to that the fall "Halloween Time" offerings and Woody's Roundup that are available beginning September 21 and the special ticketed nighttime event at DCA, Mickey's Halloween, and it's a definite go. Here's a press release.

www.intercotwest.com/news.aspx?newsId=190

Plus I think Disney still has the "baby swap" program which allows parents or caregivers to ride the big rides alone while switching off caring for the child in line.

Here's a suggestion. Consider doing 2 or 3 days in DLR and use another day to visit Knott's Marketplace in neighboring Buena Park, without entering the park if your prefer. Visit the duck pond in front of the replica of Independence Hall where he can feed the chickens, roosters, and ducks that roam about there. Have lunch at the famous Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant (go early - 10:30 t0 11 a.m. to avoid a really long line) and visit the Snoopy Store. There is also a bakery with yummy food. You could go to the beach in the afternoon of that day.

4. Re: Disney land in October for a 3 year old.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 13:15