We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Many questions????

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Many questions????

Got a few questions for you please? Will be in Disneyland from the 10th - 23rd September, 2005. Booked a package from Australia which included accom at Penny Sleeper Inn. Am I going to be terribly disappointed when I arrive?

Have 4 day hopper passes - is this enough?

My son will turn 10 while he's there. Is there anything special you can recommend for his birthday? Something at ESPN perhaps as he's a real sports nut/daredevil.

For me, where's the best place to shop?

Thanks in advance, look forward to the reply.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Many questions????

I am not familiar at all with the Penny Sleeper Inn. If you don't get an answer from someone else from this forum--let me know. I am headed down there in June and could do a walk by for you. All the hotels are in the same area.

4 day park hopper passes for the dates you will be there will be just fine. School starts back up in the states after our labor day holiday at the beginning of Sept so you will not have hardly any competition in the parks.

I would look into Medieval times for your sons birthday. www.medievaltimes.com. Good old fashioned knights of the round table and jousting, fighting and all of that. I would imagine that a 10 year old boy would find that cool. ESPN zone is okay, but, well just okay.

Shopping for you-----what are you looking for exactly. Anaheim is not exactly the shopping mall captial of LA. Are you looking for outlet malls, or high fashion? I am more of an eccentric shopper myslef and love some of the shops in and near Redondo Beach and so on. But that's just me. If I knew more of what you are looking for, maybe I could point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps!

San Francisco
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Many questions????

Hi! You will be at Disneyland during a great time!

I don't know the Penny Sleeper myself, but from everything I read on this forum and others, it's definitely a budget place. That means you shouldn't have expectations that are too high. It's also VERY close to Interstate 5, which is a busy road ALL the time. It will be loud. You will hear the freeway. Can you upgrade the accomodations? There are some good choices in the area, that are still considered budget...for example, the Tropicana, and the Desert Inn & Suites. Both are also much closer to the parks, and quieter too.

For your son's birthday, Disneyland does do special things. Not sure if you are interested in that or not. Go to Disneyland's website, and search on "birthday" and you'll see the options they have for you.

I agree that 4 days should be fine to see the two parks. I'm going in November and taking my twin 6 year olds. I booked for 5 days, but only because my kids don't move all that fast and will need to take breaks in the middle of the day. :-)

Best wishes for a magical time!

Sorry, can't help with the shopping because I'm from Northern California.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Many questions????

Thanks littlelisa and twins4me. Appreciate your feedback. I guess I know Penny Sleeper Inn won't be much, however at the end of the day, it's just a place to rest our heads. We intend to make the most of each and every day.

As far as the shopping, I've been reading about the shopping malls - Block at Orange, Anaheim Plaza Mall, South Coast Plaza - as long as there are shops I'll be happy!

Thanks again.

4. Re: Many questions????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2006, 01:33
Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Many questions????

Hi 2amigos

We are visiting Disneyland from Perth Australia from September 2 to 8, should get a few good days in after Labour Day holiday we are hoping. We originally had booked the Penny Sleeper Inn but after reading this forum and listening to the locals we are now booked in at the Carousel Inn and Suites which sound great and not too expensive. They are about a 5 minute walk from Disneyland and have had some very good reviews.

If you go the Carousel Inn and Suites website you can check for availability and costings in $US and see what it comes out to, you might be pleasently surprised. We have a 5 day hopper pass and are also doing Universal Studios, Six Flags, Knotts Berry Farm and taking in a baseball game.

Our daughter is turning 7 and we are taking her to one of the character breakfast there, which one we haven't decided as yet. If you want to contact me please do so and I would be happy to discuss anything else that we are doing.

California
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Many questions????

aussierambo - i have 4 daughters and took them to the character breakfast at the plaza inn inside of disneyland! there they can have breakfast with all the disney princesses! i would recommend this for you.

regarding birthdays, we celebrated a birthday while at disneyland too. stop by city hall in disneyland for a happy birthday sticker and all the workers and characters will wish the birthday boy or girl a happy birthday. my little girl who was wearing her sticker got special attention at the block party bash. in california adventure, stop by the tortilla factory for a free package of tortillas!

4 day passes will be great! we had 3 days and felt like it was an adequate time, but with 1 more day, it would have been perfect.

have fun! maybe you could change your hotel though, i haven't heard anything good about that sucker. sometimes we need a budget hotel, but if it's unsafe and disgusting, you should really pick a different one that is desirable. try the red roof inn. we are familiar with it and drove by 2 days ago. it looked pretty nice for a budget place!

Hawaii
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Many questions????

2amigos,

My girls enjoyed the ESPN Zone.. Hey if you go to the espnzone website and sign up to be a member (free) They will give you a $20 dollar voucher that you can use for dining or merchandise, a 6 pack cooler, and free game play.... All you need to do is print up email they will be sending you and show a valid ID when you arrive... This is per adult so sign up all adults in your party... I must say the food was excellent although the wait to be seated was long... Worked out though because my children played their free games while we waited.... Also we purchased a 5 day disney pass that came with $10 free gaming too. As for shopping I enjoyed the shopping area on Harbor and orangethorpe. In this area I found a Disney Warehouse that was awesome, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's, Target, and a few other stores... Also had many places to eat in this area too....

Hawaii
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Many questions????

Hey 2amigos,

You can check out this web site for the menu at ESPN Zone as well as other menus...

dlresortinfo.com/downtowndisneymenus/DTDmenu…