We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denny's Restaurant Question

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Denny's Restaurant Question

Can someone tell me if you need to print the "Specials" page of the Denny's web site to get these specials? Or are they just advertising what are specials at the moment? Are they coupons you need to take?

I noticed someone mentioned IHop & Millies. Are they restaurants close to Disneyland? What are they like for dinner with young kids?

Prices and food? We don't want to be eating fatty fried foods all the time. We want some healthier options.

Thanks

Special Offer
Best of Los Angeles Tour from Anaheim
180 reviews
from US$57.99*
US$67.99
Disneyland or Disney's California...
180 reviews
from US$152.99*
Universal Studios Hollywood with...
38 reviews
from US$142.99*
Anaheim Theme Park Transport...
219 reviews
from US$34.99*
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,237 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

As far as I know Denny's specials don't need coupons. They are just advertising their "specials" as you mentioned. Their prices are good, their food is just okay. Not "fast food" but regular menu options. In some locations, on some days, "kids eat free". I don't know anything about IHop or Millies.

Casa Grande, AZ.
Level Contributor
223 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

IMHO, the IHOP is way overpriced (the one outside the maingate of DL). We ate there and spent an exorbitant amount of money for 4 people and my husband said we should have eaten in the park if we were going to spend that much. There are other Denny's restaurant's around the park that have "regular" pricing - and most of them offer healthier options for eating.

It's just my opinion, but I tell everyone to stay away from the joints that are directly across from the park - although I've heard that Mimi's Cafe is reasonably priced with big protions.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

Most of the restaurants on Harbor near DIsneyland are higher priced than others in the same area. McDonald's even raises it prices (and tries to hide the Dollar Menu, but ask for it, they still offer it under the corporate rules). So be prepared for somewhat higher prices.

Some hints.

NEVER eat at Captain Kidd's, great location, awful food (I don't think I have ever seen a positive review of the place)

Tony Roma's is Good, I have eaten there a few times, price is SLIGHTLY higher than normal, but good food.

But as others have said, Mimi's next to the Howard Johnson is the best in the area. And the prices are fair.

Seattle
Level Contributor
832 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

I agree with the prior posts. You really should try Mimi's cafe for good quality and large portions at a fair price. Just don't confuse it with Millies! Millies is not nearly as good.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,711 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

You can't get wrong with breakfast at denny's/ For $5.99 you get so much food that lasts you thru the day. You might skipp lunch and go str8 for dinner. Good/ok food, great price, clean and friendly service!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

Mimi's is the healthiest. In fact, I think the others are kind of unhealthy - not just fat, but cholestrol.

Chinchilla...
Level Contributor
404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

hi we found dennys okay good prices but lately they have been getting bad reviews millies we loved good service never had a problem with food mimis never went but everyone gives them a great review ihop is disgusting bad food and service and overpriced.

i tell everyone go grocery shopping on katella and get your own food especailly brekky stuff and bread and rolls to take in for lunches water to freeze in your hotel fresh fruit and stuff. we found KFC and had some lovely left over lunches just bought cold drinks and coffee (im a coffeaholic) at lunch and just found a nice quiet spot to eat buy sleeping beauty castle you see alot of people bringing in their own lunches. hopes this helps

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and tips.

We had planned on buying some groceries and we do get breakfast included in our hotel price but even if it isn't our kind of brekkie we will just buy some cereal or something.

I was also planning on making our lunches to take out wherever we go.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

Hi QLDAussie

We liked Mimis AND Millies. We went to Millies for breakfast a lot. The IHOP is good for the experience (only if you like pancakes though!) and Tony Roma's is great too. You really cant go wrong, I don't think, re the kids - I think because of the area most restaurants cater for the littlies.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Denny's Restaurant Question

I think you're getting a lot of odd responses to your questions. Also, Denny's isn't my idea of "healthier option".

Let me refer you to Chowhound, which is the TripAdvisor of restaurant recommendations (the highest possible praise). The people there will give you some great ideas.

http://www.chowhound.com/boards/2