We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best days to visit Disneyland?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
best days to visit Disneyland?

just wondering if anyone knows which days are the LEAST crowded at Disneyland...I'm assuming saturday and sunday are the worst?? :(

we'll be there mid-february if that makes any difference?

thanks!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

If you're traveling in February you shouldn't have much trouble at all, except for the holiday weekend of Feb 16, 17, 18th. This is the least busy time at Disneyland, because children are all back in school, it isn't yet spring break, and everyone is on a tight budget paying off Christmas and holiday gifts.

It will be cooler than you expect, so make sure to pack warm clothes, or dress in layers.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

Actually there are a lot of days in February that can get quite busy.

Monday, February 11th is a Holiday for many schools, and some government workers, creating a three day weekend.

Thursday the 14th is Valentines Day, which makes it hard to get a meal reservation, as many locals will visit, especially in the evening.

Then there are extended hours from Friday the 15th thru Sunday the 24th, as more and more schools are getting a full week of for Presidents Day. Disney expands its operating hours when they expect large crowds.

And as for the days of the week, Monday thru Thursday are usually the best in the off-season, but some entertainment choices, such as Fireworks and the Electrical Parade are only offered on weekends. So a good plan of attack, mainly do attractions Monday thru Thursday, then on the weekend, focus more on shows and entertainment (but of course, take advantage of Fastpass so you can see a few attractions with little wait).

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

is it a holiday weekend on Feb 15-18th? is it an american holiday of some sort...we're from Canada....

or is it just expected to be busy since it's right after Valentine's day?

thx!

:)

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

Monday, February 18th is a major American holiday, called President's Day. We used to have 2 separate Holidays, Lincoln's BD and then Washington's BD.

Some folks still get Lincoln's BD, and why I mentioned the 11th, which is the Lincoln BD holiday.

But most folks have decided to celebrate both BD's in one, and almost any "standard" job and school is closed on the 18th (always a Monday). It is a very popular time for folks to travel, so much so, schools notice a lot of absences on the days after, as families "extended" the weekend. Since schools are paid for students actually in attendance, many schools have adjusted their schedules to allow a full week off, and then make the days up by starting earlier in the year, or ending later.

It is a very busy week due to the American Holiday (Some schools call the week off "Ski" or "Rodeo" week).

Sorry for the bad news. But Disney has extended hours to compensate and added extra entertainment. Learn how to use Fastpass (Check out the "Know before you Go section in the left column).

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

Something a lot of you fine folks are missing: Except for extremely busy days and mothers using strollers as weapons, for the most part the people who go to Disneyland are happy, fun people in a good mood. So what if you have to wait in line to go on the Jungle Cruise or Indy Jones? You will be in a line with happy people and the journey can be as much fun as the ride at the end. Don't worry so much about the park being crowded, go with it, become one with the crowd, become one with the positive energy. Take care and have a great New Year. Chuck...

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

thanks for the info darkbeer and everybody else too.....

in your expert opinions....would one expect disney to be busier than the san diego sights (seaworld/san diego zoo) or vis versa????

we have the 15th to 22nd there and will be in both san diego and anaheim....we will most likely visit one or two of the "parks" over the 15-18th weekend...

we have not reserved our hotels in either place as of yet...

any suggestions which to attempt on the long weekend?

thx!

:)

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

girl, you are overthinking this. Micromanaging. I'll bet you are quite young...under 30? Don't worry so much about what place is busier than another. Mid Feb is not going to be crowded or busy compared to the summer...anyplace.Stop asking silly questions and get ready for your adventure. Don't be a tourist, be a traveler. Take a deep breath and stop being so silly. Take care and have a great New Year. Chuck...

ps:from 92 travel map pins, I'd think you would have this figured out by now.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

Wow, Chuck, I have seen you post some pretty rude replies in the past, but this time you've really outdone yourself. =:>)

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

Thanks, campinggirl. Coming from you I really take that as a compliment. Is the world all rainbows and ponies for you, also? Take care and have a great New Year. Chuck...

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best days to visit Disneyland?

Holy, outdid yourself once again! Where do you find the time? lol....

Yes, things are wonderful in my life, the sky is pink and everyone is happy. Actually that's not entirely the truth but I refuse to allow any issues in my personal life to interfere with my interactions with fellow travellers here.

People come here because they have questions that they need help with. The last thing they need is for someone to belittle them for asking whatever questions they might have. This site was developed in the spirit of helping other people out. Many people have wondered why you are here, since it seems obvious to many of us that you are annoyed by the questions that our fellow travellers ask. If it is too much trouble for you to take the time to politely answer other people's questions, then perhaps this isn't the place for you. =:>)

Peace out,

- CG