We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family resteraunts

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
family resteraunts

hi could any one give me advice on the best place to eat just outside of the disney parks, we are hopeing to stay all day but would rather pay less for our dinner than in the parks, is there any family places within walking distance of the parks, how far is the new bubba shrimp co from the parks is it walkable? we love italian, and of course good old american fare, also another question for the local experts, we are staying at the hyatt regency orange county, is the resteraunt home town buffet any where near this hotel, could we walk there? read another review mentioning OUTBACK it sounds delicious , is that far? we are not hiring a car, so we are walking or bus it ever where, hence so many questions on walking distance thanks nikki

vancouver, british...
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family resteraunts

I don't know if you pay less for your food if you visit the restaurants within walking distance but I do know that you get more value for your money and more options.

There is of course, Downtown Disney, which is very close to Disneyland.

I will not list all the restaurants here but a great place to check out the menus is at www.dlresortinfo.com

Downtown Disney is abbreviated as DTD.

Not all the menu and prices are current but it will give you a good idea and it lists all the menus for the resort hotels, Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure etc. as well as Downtown Disney.

Our favorites in Downtown Disney are Rainforest Cafe-american food and neat theming, ESPN Zone-american food and a sports theme, there is also games upstairs, Tortilla Jos's which is mexican.

Keep in mind we have small children so we have not tried Catal, The Jazz Kitchen etc.

Downtown Disney restaurants are very busy so you usually cannot just walk up and get a table anytime you feel like it.

Suggest you make reservations, which may be more difficult for you in England, or eat at off-times like 2:00 in the afternoon.

The Outback Steakhouse is right across the street from your hotel along with Red Robin (american food) and Joe's Crab Shack (seafood).

Buca di Beppo is an Italian restaurant about 1/2 a block from your hotel towards Disneyland and on the same side of the street.

I am sure lots of other people will have good suggestions.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: family resteraunts

Mimis, on Harbour past Mcdonalds. Good cheap food and plenty of it. you wont be disappointed.

lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family resteraunts

thankyou both for replying, i shall be perusing those menu,s tonight we have got to try and get good value for money, we are there for 10 days, and my two boys and husband sure can eat!

vancouver, british...
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family resteraunts

My friends recently went and ordered pizza to their hotel and they said it was terrific and fairly inexpensive.

Your hotel does have a Pizza Hut Express in it but I will warn you that it is very pricey and you would be better off ordering in pizza.

Your hotel is across from a Target which is an american department store which sells a limited amount of food items so you can pick up some snack items there too!

California
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family resteraunts

All great suggestions, have been to all the the places that have been listed. Bubba Gumps just opened and is not listed anywhere that I can find. It is less than a mile from the Harbor enterance of the Park, East on Katella. We've already been twice. We also like Tony Romas for ribs, it's across the street from the Harbor enterance of the park. You can get out of there for less than $20 a person.

Honestly, we have annual passes to the park and will go to Disneyland just for dinner. Most of the food is very good and the prices are comparable. What get's you is all the snacks throughout the day - that's where the money is spent.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: family resteraunts

cheesecake factory in Garden Walk near Super 8 , lge meals, free bread and reasonable prices, plus doggy bags mail meal about $14 my husband who is a large eater had trouble getting through it after he had some of the free bread they give you which is delicious my daughter and I shared a meal so we coulfd have some cheesecake which we also shared and that was plenty (she is and adult) so I would recommend them, they have a variety of food and it is a pleasant atmosphere

lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family resteraunts

this is what i love about this site, terific warm and friedly advice, spent the night last night printing of the menu,s for all the suggestions so far, kids love looking through them, going to look up tony romas now, we ate in the parks for tea in florida, but they was buffet style all you can eat, does not look like they have anything similar here, but i will be taking a look all the same, i think when we visit knotts berry we shall stay there for tea , heard good reports about the chicken, also visiting san diego zoo and lego land so may have to eat ther for tea, as the bus trips dont leave til late so by the time we get back to anaheim it will be too late to hunt round for dinner, any way thanks all of you for replying, you have been really helpful .

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,039 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family resteraunts

When inside Disneyland visit the French Market in New Orleans Square for good food at reasonable prices. Portions are large enough to share and sodas are refillable. Outdoor seating with nice views and sometimes live jazz.

I don’t know if you found out already, but you can get to Knott’s and back quickly and inexpensively by using the Metro bus #460 that picks up at Disneyland Resort. Expect a long line at Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant. The best time to go for the least wait would be around 10:30 a.m. or 10:45 a.m. Lunch begins at 11 a.m.

www.knotts.com/camplace/dine_restaurant.shtml

family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-them…

There is another family restaurant at Knott’s Marketplace, TGIF, which has fun decor. You could also take a trip on the bus on another night for dinner there.

The Anaheim White House reportedly has great Italian food and they do pick ups from Anaheim Resort hotels. Sort of fancy and somewhat expensive, though.

http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/

Mimi’s menu:

http://www.mimiscafe.com/Menu.aspx

The San Diego Zoo has a family restaurant called Albert’s. There are many places to eat, but Albert’s has table service with a better menu, beer, and wine. They have large portions that can be shared. There are also tables on a small deck outside deck overlooking a waterfall. Good place to take it easy for a while.

www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/alberts_menu.html

Here is a listing of restaurants inside the San Diego Zoo:

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/dining.html

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family resteraunts

Well where do I start?

As someone had mentioned downt town disney is right outside the parks. It may be a little cheaper then in the parks but remeber that you are still on disney property so you are still going to pay more here then at another location. Also the resturants at downtown disney are not you rodinary resturants like home town buffet. They are all themed and have a specific style of food that they serve and you get alot and I do mean alot of food.

The resturants off disney property may be off disney property but they are fully aware that people get hungry and when the resturants in downtown disney or the parks get to be about 2 hours long they know hungry people are looking for food so they also charge more money then they would in the normal neighborhoods.

Also you can probably find some great places to eat at in the parks that are still affordable. And you do get enough food that you can share. Some places I would recomend inside disneyland are the French Market and the Plaza INN Resturant. In disneys california adventure park I would recomend tastes pilots grill.

I hope i have helped out a bit and if you have any questions jus send me a message and I will be happy to answer.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,783 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: family resteraunts

We had great food at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney, plus the kid got to play arcade games etc.