We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secure hotel parking

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Secure hotel parking

I've stayed at several Anaheim area hotels/motels before, been a member here for a while, and I still can't find an answer.

We just bought a luxury SUV (I know, I know...what were we thinking with gas like this but we only are using it for vacations). I'm looking for a hotel that has secure parking, whether it be security or gated and big enough spaces. Before we drove a sedan so we weren't too worried about it. But this is our "baby" and we wish to protect it. We're weird ;).

Distance isn't too big of a deal because we can drive to Disneyland. However, if there is a hotel within walking distance, that saves a few dollars.

I've stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim (by the freeway on ramp) and I know that has gates to get into their parking. However, that's more for protecting the parking for hotel guests use only. The same with the Hyatt in Garden Grove. Neither seem to be more secure than say the parking at HoJo's.

Any help appreciated as I know this is a tough question. But maybe Darkbeer might know...

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secure hotel parking

I can't think of anywhere right around DL that has what you are asking for. We haven't really stayed any where to far away. My best guess would be staying at the DLH. When we stayed there we parked on the top level of the garage. There was plenty of parking there, plus you have to be staying at the hotel to park there. That's all I can think of right now, hopefully that helps.

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secure hotel parking

That was our original plan. However we didn't renew our APs so we would be paying regular prices. Which the standard room is sold out, and view room prices are going for $305 a night!!!

mrsdisney68
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Secure hotel parking

We stayed at The Shearton Park last year. The parking had the bars you had to stick your ticket to get in. We parked right under own upper level room. We had know problems felt very secure.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secure hotel parking

We just stayed at the hotel Menage and there was guards walking the parking lot all night long. There were no bars or gates that were locked but we had atleast 3 grand worth of electronics in our suv and had no problems with theft or anything else. We felt very safe with the guards walking around.

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
153 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secure hotel parking

The Portofino Hotel has it's own parking garage which is gate controlled. I don't know what the height clearance is though maybe you can check with the hotel. If you stay at any of Disney's properties and use valet they have very good security and you should be fine.

6. Re: Secure hotel parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 03:17