We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break Crowds now?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Spring Break Crowds now?

Hi.. I thought spring break was over for most schools and universities. Is that true? Just curious to know what level of crowds to expect this weekend when we go to the park (Friday - Sunday April 4 - 6). Thanks!

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
152 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

Actually Disneyland is pretty busy right now. Some schools had last week off, many had this week off, my kids are off next week. I think the spring break crowds probably peaked over this past weekend but that's just a guess.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

WA state here too, Spokane.

We leave tomorrow from Spokane (with a 2.5 hr layover in Seattle) then on to Anaheim.

We'll also be there April 3rd to the 6th. I'm guessing it's Disneyland and it's always going to be crowded. . we plan on taking trips back and forth to the hotle since bringing two 5 year olds along, doubt they'd make it for long periods waiting in lines :-(

But we're sure excited to go!

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
152 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

Swirlz5--The kid rides don't usually have long lines, however your plan of going back to the hotel for rest breaks is a good idea. I hope you're staying close by. The rides that usually have the long lines are the thrill rides like Space Mountain or the new Finding Nemo which is kid friendly :-)

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
613 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

Our spring break is April 7-11 - I'm in North San Diego County. I know plenty of people planning on Disneyland during that time.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

I've booked the Sheraton Park hotel and preordered ART passes to be delivered to the hotel.

My boys ended up getting a fever the last couple days though today's been the "road-to-recovery" and seem to be doing better today. Really hoping they bounce back completely by the end of tomorrow.

We'll actually be there April 3rd to 8th and on the 3rd we're just staying at the hotel and resting up for the 4 days of hopper passes for both parks.

Saturday will also be my 30th bday so i've made the trip even more special and i've found a limo to pick us up at the John Wayne airport and bring us to the hotel. $90 for airport transportation but they have a free bar in the limo and water and pop for the kids. I figured a shuttle would have been $60 to $80 + tax & tip for all six of us anyways so why not the limo! :-)

Everyone wish me luck on a comp upgrade to club level and firework side of the hotel (starwood Gold member)

British Columbia
Level Contributor
580 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

We're going April 15 - 22nd and I'm still worried about the crowds. I thought we'd be completely over spring break at that point but according to Darkbeer we may not.

Oh well, it's Disneyland.

Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

Yesterday was a GLORIOUS day at the parks. Most everything was a walk on. Course, the threat of rain helped a bit too though. We even got fireworks last night. That was a nice treat!

ILW
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

Our large Seattle area school district (Issaquah( is on Spring break next week. We are heading to Disneyland and I have heard of busloads of kids going from a church around here. You might see someone you know!

9. Re: Spring Break Crowds now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 18:19