We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaheim, Angels stadium

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anaheim, Angels stadium

I bought tickets for an upcoming baseball trip to see the Angels play.

I bought rightfield box seats tickets from ticketmater.

When I received the tickets, I was suprised to see that the tickets have "Obstructed View" printed on them!

Does anyone know what these tickets are all about?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

Without more info such as section and row it may be hard to determine the exact obstruction. If it's at the very top of the section it may just be a support pillar.

Most likely your obstruction is the right field foul pole.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

If you go to their website, you can look up your seats in the stadium section and see what your view might be like. We had a group event and bought field level seats and the person who coordinated the sale of the tickets from the Angels didn't tell me some of the seats were in an obstructed view section, namely the left field foul pole. I got feedback from the people who sat in the section and they did not seem to have a difficult problem with their seats. Have a good time at the game!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

The website, and all MLB websites except for the Diamondbacks, show a REPRESENTATIVE view of the sections. You can not get a view from your exact seats for this exact reason. MLB does not want ticket buyers to see views that are marred in any way.

Knowing stadiums and buying tickets carefully can prevent any major problems.

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

The seats are in Sec. 135, Row F

It appears that the rightfield foul pole might block the view of Homeplate!

Thanks to everyone, for the replies.

Sunny California
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

You'll be ok in those seats. You may have an onstructed view if any balls are hit into deep right field, near the back wall, but not a big deal. The fould pole might be your only other obstruction, which I also don't think it's a big deal. Enjoy the Game! Go Halos!

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

I asked questions about Angels tickets a few months ago and received a lot of great supplies - Dr Z was very helpful. I figured I would hijack this thread since Louis seems to have his answers.

One of the games my son and I are coming to see in July (Indians vs Angels) is a Wednesday afernoon game. I am guessing it is going to be a hot afternoon and I am not going to want to sit in the sun. So what would be my best seats to try to stay out of the direct sun for a 12:35 July start?

I am going to get some free tickets for either the Monday or Tuesday night game through my company's SoCal office and plan to buy Lower View MVP for the other night - some decent prices on Stub Hub. So I am left with getting Wednesday afternoon tickets.

All help is appreciated. Already have tickets for my one DBacks and one Dodgers game on this trip.

Dr. Z - what parks are you headed to this season?

Thanks again!

Dave

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

Hi Dave -

My son & I will be heading to Fenway Park, Shea Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Chase Field, and Safeco Field. Add a couple of minor league stadiums and 2 days at Cooperstown also.

Looking forward to it.

Dr. Z

( in Jerusalem )

Sunny California
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

Want shade for a day game? You're gonna have to sit in the 200's section or in the club level. Pretty much everywhere else you'll be in the sun at that time of day.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

Just to clarify, for the day game to be in the shade, yes, you want to be in the 200 sections. But, make sure they are terrace seats. They also number the outfield seats in the 200s, but out there you will have zero shade.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anaheim, Angels stadium

When I went to buy tickets from ticketmaster for the July Angels/Red Sox game, ticketmaster clearly stated that the tickets were obstructed view. I can't believe that they sold you tickets like that without you knowing. I didn't end up buying from tm because I don't want to fly all the way to CA to see a game and have a lousy seat. I ended up buying some guys season tickets on Stubhub.

Go Sox!