We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rides not to miss with an 11 month old

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rides not to miss with an 11 month old

Thanks for all of your responses! I think that one park ticket for myself only (taking into account that my 11 month old will be free) will be worth the smiles, reactions, and pictures I'll get and a lifetime of memories I'll have (hopefully good ones). We will plan on getting there early and just take our time. Any rides that we should not miss...ones we can pass up? Thanks again in advance.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rides not to miss with an 11 month old

Winnie the Pooh

Buzz Lightyear

Peter Pan

It's a Small World

Dumbo

Jungle Cruise

Tiki Room

All of these are musts! Also, don't forget to take the little one to visit the charactors along the way.

My daughter loved riding on the street cars and watching the parades at 11 months as well.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rides not to miss with an 11 month old

FAVORITES:

It's a Small World - was both of my kids FAVORITES!

Winnie the Pooh was a close second.

OTHER RIDES my kids enjoyed when younger:

*Peter Pan (a little dark for some)

*Dumbo (the line though gets VERY long and moves slow... hit this one early)

*Buzz Lightyear (a bit too many flashing lights fo rsome parents, but fun all the same)

*Pirates of the Caribean (beware of the drop though - hole your dughter on the ride)

*Haunted Mansion (while dark, my little one actually enjoyed the sounds and movements)

The Snow White show is also very good.

A side note - have her watch Winnie the Pooh and some Princess movies before hand - she will be very excited to see them for real - if she is unfamiliar with them she may be a bit scared of them.

Another note: They have changing tables throughout the park, but they have a wonderful "baby center" There are toddler sized toilets, CLEAN changing tables (w/wipes) They also have rocking chairs to feed your child.

When my daughter just turned one - we went to a character breakfast (a business meeting for my hubby). She LOVED it and smiled ear to ear with all the characters.

carrollton,TX
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rides not to miss with an 11 month old

All three of our daughters have been to disneyland around this age and had the most fun in fantasyland! They loved every ride there! Even some of the rides that my three and five year olds found scary (snow white, pinnocchio). I found that they all loved the dark rides at this age and it was so much fun watching their little eyes so wide with amazement. The tea cups are good for this age as you can control if you want to spin or not. Like the other posts said before Winnie the pooh and small world are both must do's! Have fun!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,177 posts
5,167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rides not to miss with an 11 month old

Agree with all....one side mention: Take along something to tie to the stroller if you are renting one from Disneyland....like a red string or something. There are so many strollers at times its hard to recognize which one is yours. That extra little "hint" will help you out. Have a great time.

California City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rides not to miss with an 11 month old

All of the Fantasayland rides except for maybe the Teacups would be ok for a baby. Be sure to get there early in the day though because some the lines can get quiet long.

Placerville, CA
Level Contributor
398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rides not to miss with an 11 month old

Uh-oh.....when my daughter was a toddler, she FREAKED out in the Tiki Room...there is fake lightening and thunder...and all of the tikis started chanting!!! Your baby might have a different personality...but sit near the exit just in case you have to!

At that age, my daughter liked Dumbo, the Jungle Cruise, and definitely the Storybook boat.

Small World with the singing dolls, and Peter Pan were too much for her!!

The big costumed characters freaked her out too! But Snow White (a regular person) was fine.

Have a good time!