We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 day disneyland pass

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
14 day disneyland pass

Help!

My family of 4 are going to Anaheim in September and I want to get a 14 day vacation pass. Other than getting one on expedia, does anyone know if I can get one online directly from the Disneyland site (I can't see this pass on their website)? We're not going through a travel agent so they can't help. Has anyone bought tickets online through expedia before? Did everything run smoothly or were their problems? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

Hi, I thought you could only buy the 14 day pass from travel agents in Australia.

Think someone said they were not using a travel agent either but Flight Centre would sell them this pass, not sure of the price though.

I got the 5 day pass from the disney website and printed the ticket off myself, it was cheaper than the travel agent here.I only really used the travel agent for the flights and 4 night accomodation, rest I have done myself.

We fly out on Sept 19th/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

Hi MelfromOz,

Just double checking- have you been before? Im not trying to put you off spending quality time in Disneyland, but I think 14 days may be a bit too much? Have you thought about spending a few days sightseeing- maybe a day at Universal, a day shopping/beach or even Seaworld?

Sorry if Im sounding pushy, just trying to help!...

PP

BRISBANE
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

I am not sure of the cost of the 14 day pass but if you are doing other things such as seaworld etc...then I would consider purchasing a citypass and upgrading the Disney pass to an annual pass. That way you have covered several parks, plus with an annual pass you get discounts as well. I would do the sums to see what works best for your situation. We always get the annual passes because it works best for us, but we usually spend 3-4 weeks in the USA.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

Thanks for your replies everyone. No we haven't been before, but we are staying for 4 nights and then going off to San Diego, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon and then going back to Disneyland for a couple of days. We thought a 14 day pass (even though we will only be going to Disneyland for 6 days) would be cheaper than buying 2 separate 3 day passes since we will be doing the Disneyland bit within 14 days. Expedia has 14 day passes for about $206 which we thought was pretty cheap. We've never gone through Expedia before and I don't want any problems. If anyone has had any experience with Expedia I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks again everyone. We're leaving 10 September - can't wait - we're all very excited!!!!

vancouver, british...
Level Contributor
387 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

Have you considered buying a deluxe annual passport for one of your group?

The reason I ask is that there are no blockout dates in September and you would be eligible for a 10% discount for all dining over $10.00 in both parks. It also provides for discounts for dining in Downtown Disney but there is some restrictions.

It costs $259.00 and you only need to have one for your group to be eligible!

When I purchased mine, we also got a 20% coupon as we chose the e-ticket which meant we just printed the ticket at home and took it to the park and presented it at the gate.

The 20% off coupon was good for one entire purchase and appeared to have no limit as we purchased most of our souvenirs at one time and spent $300.00 and got $60.00 off. There may have been exclusions on certain merchandise that we were unaware of.

The only downside, as I see it, is that you do not get a Magic Morning and you have to go to the Annual Passport Centre sometime on your first day to get your actual plastic pass with picture. They will, however, trade your e-ticket at the gate for a cardboard one that you can use for admission and fastpasses that day!

You should check out this option of Disneyland's website!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,772 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

Liveforvacations has many good points. I'm glad it was pointed out that you only need one annual passport to receive the discounts.

Just to let you know, with a multi-day passport you do not have to use all the in a row and they are good for up to 13 days from the date of your first use. So it would be possible for you to purchase 5 day passports, visit Disneyland, go to the Grand Canyon, etc, and return and use the same tickets to enter Disneyland again. This is just a suggestion, but perhaps 5 days in the parks will be enough and with your sixth day you can visit Downtown Disney and have time to also do something else near Anaheim, such visit Knott's Berry Farm or go to one of the dinner theater experiences in Buena Park.

The Disney website has the 5 day park-hopper passports at $194.00 each for adults and $164 each for children 10 and under, with a bonus Magic Morning.

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

hi melfrom oz.

I am thinking of getting a 14 day for our trip to DL in september and I rang a harvey world travel office in melbourne and asked them about the pass and they said I caould buy it from them, I think it was about $250, it didn't matter that I hadn't booked any other part of the holiday with them.

So if you are worried about buying over the internet then maybe paying a bit extra to an Australian travel agent is the way to go.

I wanted a 14 day pass as even if we do other things during the day, my daughters can always duck into the park for a few rides in the evening. I wasn't intending on spending 14 whole days at DL

New Zealand
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

hey there, I am from NZ and we are going to be at disneyland beg of Oct. We are also looking at getting a 14 day pass from expedia. Unfortunately the expedia website for attractions isn't working (that is under nz) but it is for the aussie website so I dont know if I can order from the aussie website? Properly need to ring them. I thought it would be good that even if we did other stuff during the day we can still go into disneyland in the evening and have a few rides.

brisbane
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

Hi there,

we were there June/July last year and only had the 3 day hopper pass. Hence we are going back September next year to spend more time and do it properly without rushing. Originally we were going to get the 14 day pass, but after looking into the annual passes we are going to purchase these as they are not much more expensive if any and that way when we are there for 2 weeks we can come and go as we please. Just go for a couple of hours at night after spending the day doing something else etc.

Also we are going to stay at HoJo's as we can get a discount on this with the Ap. With all of the other discounts it really seems like an economical way to do it.

Have a blast!

Cooma, Australia
Level Contributor
243 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 14 day disneyland pass

Hi, I agree with the previous poster about the cost difference of a 14 day pass and a deluxe annual pass. As our dollar is so strong the price difference is minimal and the bonus is you receive discounts on some accommodation and meals. The disneyland website has all the info.

When we bought ours I elected to get them posted to Aust for about $20 usd and as I was going to do that I also bought some DL gift cards for my daughter for christmas. They had to be posted to a street address so someone can sigh for them.

Good luck and have a fab holiday.