We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Birthday Buttons at Disneyland

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Question about Birthday Buttons at Disneyland

I had a couple of questions. So, when you go to City Hall in Main Street Disney to get your birthday button, do you have to show proof that it's your birthday (birth certificate etc..)? Or, do you just tell them it's your birthday and they hand you a button. My second question is... based on other posts I have read, is it true they put your name on the button? Any responses would be apreciated.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Birthday Buttons at Disneyland

Ok, if you want to take advantage of the Free Birthday Ticket (Admission), then Government issued ID is required.

But if you just want a Birthday Button, because you are celebrating it at Disneyland, and it is close to your BD, then no, no ID is required.

And yes, CM's are issued Sharpees, and do write your name, and sometimes age, on the button. (They ask if you want your age on the button, you can always refuse.)

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Birthday Buttons at Disneyland

And get ready for EVERYONE (who works at Disney) to wish you a Happy Birthday! It was my birthday April 11 and I had no idea that the CM's were going to wish me a happy birthday while boarding rides, eating in restaurants, etc.It's kind of fun but if it gets to be too much you can always take off your button and have it as a keepsake.

PS. I didn't have to show proof but received mine at my hotel (Grand Calif) at checkin.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
879 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Birthday Buttons at Disneyland

thats Cool. My grandson will have had his birthday either 2 or three days previously, and now we can get him a birthday button. He wont be having any real celebration at home, 1 because this whole trip to Disney is a gift from me, so thats his birthday from his grandparents, and 2, his mum and (now) dad get married the Saturday before, so we will be all celebrated out by the time his birthday comes around. 3. because it is a school day at home and the next day we leave for USA, so no time really.

But at least we can get him a birthday button. after all, that is the only reason he has to have an adult ticket. it is his 10th birthday. "Missed it by that much"

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
KY
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Birthday Buttons at Disneyland

If I get a Birthday button and wear it in the park, do I get any freebies? If so, what are they? Do I get to go to the front of lines for rides? What about discounts?

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,759 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Birthday Buttons at Disneyland

<<<If I get a Birthday button and wear it in the park, do I get any freebies? If so, what are they? Do I get to go to the front of lines for rides? What about discounts?>>>

No real "freebies", no front of the line privileges, and no discounts - with the exception of the actual one park-one day free on your birthday this year. But you can get a perk or two, such as a ride with the captain in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain. If viewing Celebrate, A Street Party while wearing a birthday button, most likely the dancers will come up and wish you happy birthday (make sure to stand or sit up front and raise your hand when the mcee asks who is celebrating a birthday) and most likely you will get called out to dance with a dancer.

On my birthday, the Jambalaya Jazz band choose people with b'day buttons from the crowd to join the band with tamborines for one song and taught us some choregraphy to do as well.

Note: If going with the free birthday promotion, the castmember at the ticket window will give you your button. If you use a short version of your legal name, or a nickname, make sure to ask for that on your button. The buttons are really nice to wear because it is not just the castmembers who will tell you happy birthday, but also the other guests. They make a nice keepsake after you get home too.

6. Re: Question about Birthday Buttons at Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 07:26