We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Trip report, day 1

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Trip report, day 1

Today, Friday 7/31 - Overslept more than an hour, need to get 50 miles to SFO for our 9:55 flight. I woke up at 6:20, need to be out of the house by 7:00!

All is well, traffic into the city is very light, made it to the airport with time to spare.

Flew Virgin America - very nice, we are all happy.

Rented car from Alamo, no problems.

Got a nice early check in at the Fairfield Inn @ 1:00. Bought 3 day park hoppers (got 5 days, feel guilty wasting them) Great room with a wonderful view of the park. We want to Target to get cereal & milk, water & soda.

Got to parks at 3:00. Got a fastpass for Soaring over CA and Space Mtn right away. Then we went on Buzz Lightyear (15 minute wait), Star tours (5 minute wait) and then Pirates (wow loved the changes! 20 minute wait)

We left and went to Rainforest Cafe for 5:00 reservation- Yeah expensive, but the food was fine and the little guy was stoked.

Went to use our soaring fast pass - awesome!! None of us have ridden it and we were so pleased!! My older guy went back to the hotel while the little guy and I went on the Grizzly River ride (about 15 minute wait). We then crossed in to DL to use our Space Mountain pass. This was his first time ever and boy was he happy.

Decioded to call it a night, stopped at Coldstone on our way to the hotel, now we are waiting to watch the FL fireworks fronm the room.

Glad were are here! Was it just two days ago I decided to come????

Level Contributor
34,495 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Trip report, day 1

Thanks for the report back, it sounds like you had fun! :)

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Trip report, day 1

Nice trip report. I like the way it seemed somewhat live, like you held some of it in a draft and reported back as you went along. Did you have a Blackberry or phone with Internet? Sounds like a fun first day!

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Trip report, day 1

We are home now. We got out of the hotel at

11:00, went to Downtown Disney. Little guy had saved his spending $ to shop at Lego, so we bought what he wanted and then ate at the Jazz restautant. (don't remember the name) I had red beans & rice, 14 y/o had pulled pork sliders (yum!) and little guy had the cornflake chicken. We had bengets for desert (ok).

Jumped in the car and off to the airport. We flew Virgin and I decided to end the trip with an upgrade to 1st class. Because we had to check our bags, it was only and extra $35 each ($50 but bags are free). what a wonderful end to the trip!

OH - remember mother guilt? Well, little guy was fine, but I was so excited making plans for the trip that I forgot my older guy was supposed to be in band camp today! His first day of high school band camp and he missed it - ARRRGH! No guilt about legos, but big guilt about band!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Trip report, day 1

He'll be the coolest guy at band camp - for arriving late and having just been to California.

Level Contributor
34,495 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Trip report, day 1

Sounds like your vacation was a total success and you made many nice memories! :)

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Trip report, day 1

Thats for the trip report loved it! I love spur of the moment travels good on you for going!!

7. Re: Quick Trip report, day 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 05:18