We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report day 2&3

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report day 2&3

Day two started EARLY! I read how even for early entry, you need to be in position really early. The kids and I were at the gate by 6:40. It was amazing!

By 10:00 we had: Ridden the Matterhorn, Space mountain 2x, Autotopia, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain & Indiana Jones. We had accomplished our entire must rides, all by 10:00! We were stoked! So, we went back to California Adventures and started riding again!

My older guy went back to the hotel @ 11:00 to nap. I called him at 1:00 to get him back to the park. I told him he could sleep at home. Surprisingly enough, he got out of bed and joined us. He ended up on the Maliboomer 46 times, setting the all time record! He spent the entire afternoon/evening on that one ride (and kept all meals down - big accomplishment, I think!). We had dinner at Mimi's, good, not great but better than at the park.

We really discovered the beauty of single rider lines (Maliboomer, Grizzly River and Mullholand Madness)

This morning was our Goofy's kitchen breakfast @ 7:00. The kids loved it. I thought the food was acceptable, but the characters were what you are paying for. That was fine, little guy loved it. In about 12 minutes, he will be to old to twist with Goofy. I want to grab this while I can. We got 5 hours free parking at the DL hotel, so we decided to go on rides until we needed to get the car. Had time to hit both parks, ride Space mountain, Big Thunder, Soaring & California Screaming 2x.

After we got the car, we spent the afternoon at Corona Del Mar with my SIL - had some mexican food, Starbucks and drove the coast a little - nice break from the parks!

All in all, we hit every ride on our list at least once if not a multiple of times. We had a teriffic time! This is the trip that I will remember forever. Hopefully the kids will too - but I know I will.

BTW - when at the DL hotel, I really did experience hotel envy! The Fairfield Inn is just fine. Great location & clean. We have not had any noise problems (helps being on the end of the 9th floor) and we have a great view of the fireworks. That said, it is a 60s hotel, not a bit luxurious. I would have loved to have it a little nicer. But was it worth the additional $1300 that I was quoted for three nights? Um - no.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report day 2&3

I was waiting for the end of your trip report. Great job and well planned by getting in all the rides you wanted by 10 am. Thanks for taking the time to write all the details of your stay.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report day 2&3

Sounds like the trip was very satisfying for all of you! Reports on the activities of your older guy make me smile. I remember for me and my sisters things were opposite. Mom was in the hotel and we were happy to be let loose running around DL! (We were in our teens, though.)

That's cool that you got to meet up with your sister in law and Corona Del Mar is really nice, plus sounds like you had a nice drive.

Can you give details on your parking? How did you get the 5 hours free at the DL Hotel parking lot?

Yeah, walking around the grounds of the DL Hotel will make you want to stay there! For me, I'm just happy to be there in any case, cuz I know I can't stay there. Guess that makes it seem even better. He, he. I really think I like the grounds of the DL Hotel better than the Grand Californian. I love the waterfall area at the DLH. Wish I was there now!!

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report day 2&3

When you eat at Goofy's Kitchen and get a validation you get 5 hours free valet parking. It was sweet!

4. Re: Trip Report day 2&3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 07:16