We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt suite or fireworks room

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
873 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt suite or fireworks room

how good are the disney fireworks from the Hyatt room?

And do the suites include free kid breakfast and dinner? I am going off the gov rates on the Hyatt web site.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt suite or fireworks room

Just wondering, roadwork, since you are on the Hayatt website, why not ask your questions there? They have a "contact us" , don't they? Let us know what the answers are. Thanks. Chuck...

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,636 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt suite or fireworks room

The Hyatt Regency is in Garden Grove, a little over a mile from Disneyland Resort. I'm not sure if the rooms face in the direction of DLR, or which ones if any. Although it is possible to see the Disneyland fireworks from far away, you might be in a room with an obstructed view. I'm posting a link to the hotel's reviews. Perhaps there is something in there that may help you. I didn't read any, but did notice the word renovations. So sounds like you might encounter some work going on.

A couple of good options would be the Sheraton Park and the Doubletree Inn and Suites Convention Center. (Sheraton doesn't have suites, to my knowledge.) They would be closer to DLR and have good reports of views of fireworks. Another place to consider, although not quite at the same level, would be Fairfield Inn by Marriott. It has suites and is directly across from DLR with reportedly very good views of fireworks. (Check out the reviews.) I believe the Fairfield may have continental breakfast included. In any case, it is very close to Mimi's, which has great breakfasts.

There are some nights during the year when fireworks are not scheduled, but there are scheduled more nights than not. The best place for viewing Disneyland fireworks shows is in the park somewhere between Main Street and the Castle, as they are complete shows not just fireworks in the skies. It is nice, though, to be able to see them from a hotel if you choose to spend a night away from the park.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32420-d217219-…

Edited: 08 December 2009, 09:14
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,636 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt suite or fireworks room

I noticed you have another thread where you mentioned you were between going with HoJo's or Hyatt. HoJo's has a few Disneyland view suites. Look at our reviews and make sure to look at the travelers photos. It appears that with a Disneyland view at HoJo's you are looking into the direction of the Matterhorn. The fireworks actually go off over the Matterhorn and Castle. I noticed you do not want to walk and are considering the Hyatt because of the shuttle. The distance you will walk from HoJo's to the plaza between the two parks is just a little further than the distance you will walk from the shuttle drop off to the plaza (called Esplanade). I realize you don't want to walk, but this isn't really far and waiting for a shuttle is not that convenient, in my opinion. Walking is par for the course with the parks anyway. HoJo's doesn't offer breakfast, but Mimi's is next door. Just thought you should know these things before deciding on the Hyatt.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt suite or fireworks room

You really should be inside the Disneyland Park to view the fireworks at least once). The music and the ground level special effects, including projections on the castle, are what make them worth seeing.

5. Re: Hyatt suite or fireworks room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2010, 05:16