We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport shuttle to use?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
675 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Which airport shuttle to use?

We are arriving into SNA airport and will be staying at Howard Johnson. There will be 2 adults and 2 tweens. We need a one way from SNA to HOJO. There are 3 airport shuttle companies recommended by HOJO mainly Super Shuttle , Karmel Shuttle and the Disney Resort Express. I have read some horrible reviews on the DRE and would like to hear from other TA members on their experiences with the other 2.

After 6 days stay, we need to go from HOJO to Hollywood Orchid Suites in Hollywood. Most shuttle company will take us to the airport. What's the other best way to go? Any directions is good.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport shuttle to use?

From John Wayne to HoJo's, I would just a Taxi from the airport, about $45 plus tip for all 4 of you. Non-stop and no waiting, and a private vehicle.

Last I checked, a shuttle is about $10 per person, so you are just saving around $5 to have to sit in the airport and wait for the van to full up, and then maybe have to drop the other passendgers off first prior to getting to HoJo's.

Edgewood, New Mexico
Level Contributor
697 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport shuttle to use?

Second on the taxi from SNA. Last time we flew in, we had extra luggage for a long trip and used a van taxi. Able to hold the family of four and all the luggage.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport shuttle to use?

I also recommend a taxi based on total fare for 4 people. Unlike Oz, taxi drivers are routinely tipped so add that into your all-in cost.

If you don't like the taxi option for some reason, I highly recommend Karmel Shuttle. A previous employer used them exclusively; my colleagues and me never had a negative experience. (There will be a tip to consider on any shuttle van too).

SNA is very easy to navigate....after getting off your plane, go downstairs and claim your bags. Then walk out the front of the terminal and find the proper waiting area for ground transport. From stepping off the plan to curbside will be 15-30 minutes max. It's about 25 minutes to your hotel from there assuming no traffic.

Hope this helps!

4. Re: Which airport shuttle to use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 08:18