We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing
Level Contributor
339 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

would like to go for newport whale watching and deserthill premium outlets shopping while in Anaheim. And trying to avoid driving ourselves. any ideas on which tour company offering tours for these tour places ? need to offering hotel pick up service either at Anaheim or LA.

thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,044 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

When is your visit? In southern California, the whale-watching season is December, January, February and March.

Beijing
Level Contributor
339 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

it's in July. but I read from newport website that it could do whale watching all year round, but I dont want to drive to newport by ourselves, so trying to find tour companies that could do the transportation

Townsville
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

We travelled, last year to Desert Hills and made our arrangements through Anaheim 411. We had a wonderful day and got lots of bargains. As well as Desert Hills you can also walk to another smaller outlet mall.(Just across the road from Desert Hills.) I think you can also arrange whale watching tours through the same tour company.

Beijing
Level Contributor
339 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

thanks, actually also contacted Anaheim 411 recently to ask about tour availability, I sent several emails, but did not get their answer, not sure if they are still operating, any idea on other ways to contact them?

USA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

When someone talks about whale watching off southern California they are referring to the migration of the Gray Whales. That company may send boats out in July and collect money from tourists but there aren't any Gray Whales. In years past these boats used to take out sportsfishermen. But the area has largely been overfished. So now they take you out watching for dolphins and seals. You might see orcas.. killer whales. Their patterns seem to be evolving. But nothing the size of the grays. As to the outlet mall... anaheim tours offers hotel pickup. Cost is about $50 a person. BTW... if there are several of you and you have a car rental getting out there is very easy. It's off the 10 freeway. Huge numbers of Asian tourists come out on tours. You might find cheaper deals in the numerous agencies in places like Korea town or Little Tokyo. Check their website for discount coupons. I used to live in the desert not far from these stores. It is the best outlet mall in California. BUT... not everything is a great bargain. Best deals are at the high end stores. I once bought a girlfriend a $2700 Salvatore Ferrangamo coat for $700. I don't know what you are looking for but the LA Fashion District is a closer option. Check their website. They have one day a week where many of the wholesale stores are open to the retail crowd. I have a resellers permit so I don't know much about the retail side. Next to it is the LA jewelry district. If you know what you are doing you can get great buys here. Question. If you are from China, why buy clothes here? Most designer labels are made in China... and I'm not talking about knock offs. Nobody undersells the factories that are run by the PLA.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

FYI, expect temperatures at Desert Hills to be 35-45c or even 50c at times. Everything is air conditioned so it isn't a problem but don't plan to do any outdoor activities during the day.

7. Re: tour companies to newport whale watching and deserthill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 05:18