We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any aussies going to disneyland in september?

Level Contributor
185 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
any aussies going to disneyland in september?

Greetings from adelaide.

Just wanting to know if they are any aussies heading over to disneyland this september 2010? I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel from the 6th (arriving around 5pm from sydney) until the 11th.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

See the other link below -- there are always Aussies in Disneyland.

We walked NYC and saw an Aussie wearing a Western Bulldogs jumper - so we stopped to chat.

You could wear something from Adelaide to attract attention from other Aussies like he did ....

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,389 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

Judging by the TA posts, half of Australia visits Disneyland every year. I checked the Virgin Australia web site to find out when my guest would be arriving and was amused by its "What to do" in

Los Angeles link. If you were to believe VA, you would think that the only attractions that Southern California has to offer are Disneyland and the Getty Center and that you should take an entire week to see those two places. And their shopping/eating guide proves that they haven't a clue where to shop and eat.

Believe us! There are thousands of interesting places to see and enjoy in Southern California other than Disneyland and the Getty Center and great shopping and dining opportunities are plenty. Once you explore them, DL will go down on your list of activities for your return trip.

My Melbourne guest arrives tomorrow and we are planning a visit to Getty Center (she isn't interested in Disneyland) but I'm sure that she will be amazed at the other attractions of Southern California. (That's "California" please -- not "Cali".)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

We will be flying in on the 7th :)

We are staying at Hojos then going to vegas and then back to the Fairfield Inn.

Australians are big travellers. We have a very beautiful country but we also like to see and experience other cultures and countries. I would think that the majority of people have never even looked at the Virgin website much less use it as their travel information source.

NZ
Level Contributor
833 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

Not from Aussie but from NZ. We will be in Anaheim September 18-23, then travelling to San Diego, through Arizona to the Grand Canyon, and we fly out from Las Vegas on 1 Oct.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

Flying in on the 18th Sept, staying at Hojos and then on to Hawaii on 24th. Cant wait!!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

We will be in vegas from Sept 15-20, Disneyland Sept 20-Oct 3 and Hawaii Oct 3-10.Cant wait!!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

YoungFamilySydney- we are flying out of Sydney Tues 7th Sept too!!

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

Hi

We are from Sydney and will be in Anaheim from 20 to 24 Sept, going with my sisters family and my daughter. Can't wait!

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

Sorry double post

Edited: 19 July 2010, 03:29
Sydney
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: any aussies going to disneyland in september?

We are from Sydney - Fly in to LAX 13th Sept. Stay in San Diego 6 nights then 10 nights in Anaheim. Fly out 29th Sept.

Dh and I went before we had the children so looking forward to it.

Seasoned family travellers - help me out with jetlag in kids here.. Our children aged 7 and 10 will be in a wedding party 36 hours after we return!