We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

Hi again, another question........can anyone tell me what kind of temperature range we can expect arriving 29th Sep? Will the days be pleasant or really hot???Can we expect cold nights or are they still warm. Cant work out what to pack??

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

It will probably be in the 80s during the day and 60s at night. That doesn't mean though we won't have a stray heatwave. That time of year is notorious for the Santa Ana or devil winds. They are warm winds from the east. You will probably be okay with shorts and t-shirts for the day and a sweatshirt or jumper for the evenings.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

Thanks heaps. Will keep my eye on the weather reports leading up to our arrival. Its always a hard one when you have to pack for 4 people from the other side of the world. You need to make sure you have everything to cover hot/wet/cold weather.Thanks for your input.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

I was there in Sept/Oct last year. Weather was mostly warm during the day, say 20C to 26C temp, wore shorts & tshirt most of the time during the day, some days a little cool due to early snow storms to the north bringing cool winds to LA, so take with you a pullover/ light jacket just in case during the day. At night was cooler, I wore jeans with a light jacket most nights. Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 01 June 2010, 04:25
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

It's always good to get averages so I'll add my Sep experience...we were in Anaheim the last 2 weeks of Sept 08 traveling from Aust. & we took too many cooler type clothes. Myself & hubby & son then 2 yrs were all fine in shorts & t-shirts in the day & I think we only used hoodies on a few nights in combo with jeans eg if staying late for the fireworks a hoodie is nice but if we weren't out too late shorts was fine into the early evening. If I had to repack I would have taken less jeans & hoodies. We had one day that was 35 degrees and the rest were around 25-28 or so. It was really nice at night & even if there was a cool wind I didn't find it chilly as we were coming from the tail end of our winter. I think the best comparison to Sydney weather would be our weather around easter ie a few rogue hot days but mostly warm with the nights getting just a bit cooler as it does for us at that time of year.

Pre-trip I always check out this site:

http://www.accuweather.com/

cheers

Dee

Waratah, NSW
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

Hi

just remember Anaheim is inland similar to Penrith, so it is warm during the day but cools down once the sun sets. We have a friend who lives between LA/Newcastle- he compares the weather to Sydney except we get more rain. We were surprised that San Diego was far cooler than Anaheim - in fact the April we went - it was 16-18C in SD while Anaheim was warmer at 20-23C.

M

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

Cool, thanks for the tip!

7. Re: Temperature in Anaheim late Sep/early Oct 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 05:18