We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining options near Disneyland area

Alaska
Level Contributor
788 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dining options near Disneyland area

Hello, all. My family and I are going to be in Anaheim the end of October for 7 nights. We won't be going to the parks everyday (there's only so much Disney my HB can take, haha). What other dining options are there surrounding the DL area? We haven't decided if we are going to rent a car or not. Interested in kid friendly restaurants, nice but not too expensive. We will be staying at the Grand Californian (thanks to receiving a pin number for discounts, yay!). Thanks in advance for your input.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,559 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

this is a good recent thread on the subject that should be helpful to you

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k372760…

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

During our last trip to Disneyland we ate at the House of Blues and The Jazz Kitchen both in Downtown Disney. I liked the Jazz Kitchen the best but House of Blues was good too. We didn't get too fancy at House of Blues, we got a burger and a shrimp Po' Boy. At the Jazz Kitchen we ordered a few appetizers for dinner and a dessert. Careful with their cocktails...strong!

At the Garden Walk there is a Cheesecake Factory and those are always good for a chain type place.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

OK, Kid Friendly in the area, at Anaheim GardeneWalk, along with the Cheeseake Factory is Bubba Gump's. I would say both are good.

Want something a bit less formal and expensive, there is a Johnny Rocket's Diner at the north end of AGW on the upper level.

On Harbor Blvd, across from Disneyland are a few good choices, yes, there is the McDonald's, not my favorite, but sometimes kids want their McNuggets and Happy Meals. I love the Mimi's Cafe near the Howard Johnson Hotel. Great food and always highly rated here at TA. Looking for a snack, or maybe something to bring back to the Hotel, both Quizno's and Subway are on Harbor across from Disney, great sandwhiches at a fair price.

Alaska
Level Contributor
788 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

Thanks for the thread and suggestions. I'll check some of those places out. I agree about McDonald's. I've heard about Mimi's but have never been.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

Mimi's is great, love their French country theme.

The ultimate in kid friendly is the Rainforest Cafe, Naples is also great. Goofy's Kitchen has some character dining options, Storyteller in the GC is great.

At the Garden Walk there is Roy's Hawaiian & McCormick & Schmick's, they might be a bit more upscale than you want, but are kid friendly. Also in the Garden Walk are California Pizza Kitchen, Bubba Gump's and PF Chang's.

Cheesecake Factory is okay but not worth a wait of more than five minutes and the wait is usually 30-45 minutes.

Earth
Level Contributor
324 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

We like Buca Di Beppo along Harbor Boulevard near Hampton Inn & Suites.

Level Contributor
860 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

I have sort of the same post running here and still jumping around with restaurants, I don't want to spend a fortune at every meal, wondering which restaurants are best VALUE for your money (and no, just cannot do McDonalds) and we have teenagers.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

Ate dinner at naples this week and it was indescribably terrible - avoid. I don't think any Downtown Disney place is going to meet the "value for money" option although presumably some offer better food than Naples!

Level Contributor
860 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

hmmmm guess this is part of my stuggle, read Naples is great, then bad, same with most inside Disney :(

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining options near Disneyland area

We've eaten at Naples a few times and have not had a bad meal. That's unfortunate that you had a bad one.

Speaking of bad meals, it doesn't come up very often but I would advise avoiding Captain Kidd's Buffet which is across the street from the main entrance on Harbor.