We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anaheim to san diego by train

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
anaheim to san diego by train

I've been to san diego several times by car from Anaheim, but never by train. Can anyone tell me as to which side of the Amtrak train I should be sitting on so that I can see the coast scenery?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,224 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anaheim to san diego by train

Since you are going south, the right side faces west which is where the ocean is located.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anaheim to san diego by train

A bit more detail, the locomotives are sometimes at the back of the train pushing, so it can be deceptive. The side of the train facing the stadium as you board in Anaheim will be the beach/ocean side.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anaheim to san diego by train

It is a GREAT way to get down to San Diego! Just remember that you can get up and walk around so even if you end up not getting the "right side" you can go to cafe car (sit & have a coffee) and see the beach side easily. :-)

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anaheim to san diego by train

FYI, Amtrak offers standard and "business class" tickets. The latter is not a good value especially for the 2h trip. The standard tickets are unreserved seating so you can sit wherever you wish. I recommend making friends with a local passenger....they will be happy to point out sights along the way. You will pass many world-famous beaches (some in Beach Boys lyrics).

Perth
Level Contributor
67 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anaheim to san diego by train

We thought the business class tickets were worth the price, the little bag of snacks and the drink were great. we had the whole care nearly to ourselves too. the price diffence was not much either. Riffsmom is correct the right side of the train is where you want to be. lovely journey.

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anaheim to san diego by train

thanks everyone the right side is what i will choose

7. Re: anaheim to san diego by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 06:47