We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

Uk Birmingham...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

hi

does anyone know a hotel where there is a hotub in the room or a very romantic hotel?

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

What is the main thing you are planning to visit in the area, Disneyland? Will you have a car and does the hotel need to be near your main destination?

Just throwing out an idea, I would say that the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa seems romantic. It is probably a 15 min. drive to Disneyland Resort.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32513-d252509-…

Edited: 05 September 2010, 00:19
Mentioned in this post
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington...
3,913 Reviews
Huntington Beach, CA
San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

Personally I think hot tubs in rooms are super cheesy...straight out of the 80s. I would look for more of a resort rather than a hot tub in the room.

Redlands listed a great hotel that is across from the ocean.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

I think we are having trouble connecting Anaheim with the term "romantic." While it may be home of the "happiest place on earth," we usually don't think of it as romantic. In addition to the Hyatt hotel in Huntington Beach, the Waterfront Hilton in Huntington Beach is outstanding and perhaps even more romantic as it is smaller. The Inn at Laguna Beach is right on a wonderful beach with a beautiful view.

Hot tubs are not just cheesy -- the hospitality industry considers them unsanitary and they are almost extinct in high end hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach
Orange County, CA
The Inn At Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
866 Reviews
Laguna Beach, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

I've always thought of Disneyland as romantic!

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

If you are going to get a room with a hot tub...or even use a hot tub in any part of a hotel, ask them how often the clean and sanitize it. Their standards may not be the same as yours.

Being in the medical profession, I would never use a public hot tub.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

I stayed in a B & B in a room that had a jacuzzi in the bathroom. Not in Anaheim area, the one of the mountain communities near me. It was far from cheesy. It was a large private room with windows that looked out onto private and secluded woods and a hill. We had a small private deck. The bathroom had a lwalk in closet next to it and CD player where we could loud music to listen to while in the tub. Candles surrounded the tub on a large tile ledge - it was called the Candlelight Room. We brought champagne and the supplied a nice bucket and ice as well as acrylic flute glasses. There was also a shower separate and that looked out onto trees. Just saying it does not have to be cheesy. Of course, this property was formerly a custom built home. I do think it is more common to find in room hot tubs or Jacuzzis in the mountians here and usually in B and B 's. There actually is a motel very close to Disneyland with an in room hot tub but I didn't list it because in general it is not a romanitic place.. I think that one might be the defnition of cheesy. For a romantic place very close to Disneyland I would choose the Grand Calif. Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

Here's an article that describes hot tub sanitation issues: infectioncontroltoday.com/articles/2002/03/r…

Even when the tub is emptied and scrubbed clean, infectious bacteria can be lingering in the pipes behind the jets. When the jets are turned on the bacteria are fed back into the water and into the air.

So no reputable hotel will subject themselves to the liability they could incur as a result of hot tubs that can never be cleaned well enough.

Edited: 06 September 2010, 23:11
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

Just for clarification -- I was referring to in-room spa tubs, which people use as a bath tub for cleaning their bodies.

When using public resort whirlpool tubs (like those next to resort swimming pools), be sure to shower before and after using the tub.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

Well, first of all I disagree with the idea that hotels that have in room jacuzzuis are disrepetable and cannot manange to keep them and the pipes, jets, etc, sanitary no matter what. If it were true that there were such dangers, then public health laws would ban their use in EVERY lodging and any place that had them installed would be made to remove or remodel them. The County of Orange Public Health Department would not allow in room jacuzzis to operate if they were a threat to public health, nor would any other county in California.

That said, on to a comparison of two properties near Disneyland Resort, one with an in room jacuzzi spa but not a romantic property and the other a very romantic hotel actually inside Disneyland Resort.

I remembered the one place next to Disneyland Resort that has an in room jacuzzi. That is the Park Vue (motel). There was a photo up with the reviews, but I don't see it now. The phtos posted by travelers tend to show the features of a property more realisticly than those on the property's website. On the website you see a beautiful large room, but it is deceiving since the in room hot tub is surrounded by a wall of mirrors (that is my idea of "cheesy", although it could also be kinky, but not really romantic). The reason the room looks large on the hotel's website is the camera was angled to show off the reflection in the mirror the right way. The tub actually looks like it is in the middle of the room, but it is in the corner.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d75697-R…

http://www.parkvueinn.com/accomodations.htm

That's the only option you have for an in room hot tub very close to Disneyland Resort.

Compare that to the Grand Californian Hotel inside the Disneyland Resort.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d208755-…

…go.com/hotels/grand-californian-hotel/

If your destination is Disneyland Resort Parks, this is the most convenient romantic hotel, although you can choose to stay in Huntington Beach and drive to Disneyland Resort. There are also romantic choices in Laguna Beach, which is a bit further south of Huntington Beach.

Edited: 07 September 2010, 00:09
Mentioned in this post
Orange
Orange
Orange County, CA
California
California
United States
Park Vue Inn
Park Vue Inn
2,247 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach
Orange County, CA
Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach
Orange County, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,934 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: romantic hotel or hot tub in the bedroom

i agree with red, if you want to stay very close to disneyland i would also choose the Grand Californian for my honeymoon it has a cozy feel to it,and is located right by downtown disney and next to california adventure park.

otherwise, i would pick somewhere near the ocean.