We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Disney Dining

Level Contributor
35,736 posts
903 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Disney Dining

Any opinions on the best place to eat in DD? We have been to Napa Rose and want to try something different this time. Is Catal good? The menus look innovative and Uva Bar looks pretty cool. We were considering Rainforest Cafe but I've heard the food is pretty mediocre there. Thanks, we're looking forward to our time in Disneyland this month with our family! :)

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

I like Mimi's Café and Tony Roma's, both on Harbor Boulevard across the street from Disneyland. IMHO, the Downtown Disney Restaurants are too expensive for what they offer.

Level Contributor
35,736 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

We've been to both Tony Roma's and Mimi's several times, how is Anahem White House? :)

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
26,711 posts
5,781 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

Syrahgirl: We have eaten at the Anaheim White House - it was rather old school food; with old school service - in general, it was way over priced. While we did enjoy our food, we found Napa Rose, Catal Bar, and others to be a nicer place to go. We've done it - it was ok - but we won't be back.

Just thought I'd let you know what we thought of it...have a good day.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

The Anaheim GardenWalk restuarants, one block from Disneyland is another great choice. Highly rated with choices such as Bubba Gump's, Roy's Hawaiian Cusiene, McCormick and Schmidts, PF Changs, California Pizza Kitchen and the Cheesecake Factory.

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/

Level Contributor
35,736 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

Thanks mimi and darkbeer! I think we'll go with Catal's since we want to be in Downtown Disney for shopping and the entertainment there. I know there is one person in our group that loves Bubba Gumps, I've never been there so we'll consider that place as well. I was hoping to hear better things about The White House, it looks so romantic from their website. We have been to the Roy's in Pebble Beach and I love the Short Ribs there.

I'll let you know where we end up, I can't wait to be in Disneyland!!! There is one other place I've been curious about, Mr. Stox. Would love to hear any opinions on that one as well. :)

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

Syrah,

Looking at the posts here objectively, the only thing that was said about the Anaheim White House is that it is rather old school. Depending on your tastes, old school can be romantic. In fact, it seems the term old school has replaced old fashioned. Old fashioned can be a good thing in a sense. and not necessarily bad. I know you enjoy the Hotel Del Coronado and some might consider that old school or old fashioned. I've never been to the Anaheim White House, but I'm thinking instead of writing it off after one comment you could wait for more and check TA reviews as well as Yelp or another website for reviews. I'm just saying this because it sounds like you really wanted to go there.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

If you are interested in dining at the White House, discount gift certificates are available on restaurant.com

www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp…

Of course, you will want to wait for a discount code for $$$ of the price of the certificate.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,424 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

Catal is good, one of my favorites, but I really like Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, especially when I have out of town guests. Not only is the music great, but I also love the Bananas Foster.

If you are there over a weekend, it is hard to beat the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

"If you are interested in dining at the White House, discount gift certificates are available on restaurant.com"

I think those might be the magic words, ntz4bbl.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Disney Dining

Right now the current discount code of MEAL will give you 70% off of the price of a restaurant.com certificate. This means that if you want to go to the White House for dinner and plan on buying at least 2 entrees, the $25 certificate will only cost you $4.50. The important thing to remember with the restaurant.com certs is that they all have a minimum purchase requirement (sometimes its double the amount of the certificate) and usually the gratuity will be automatically added to your bill.

I buy from them all the time but always with a discount code. Others that are available in Anaheim are the House of Blues in Downtown Disney and Fire + Ice Grill in the Gardenwalk.