We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

Originally before we added Disney on to the front of our Tahiti trip I was very apprehensive because I can't stand crowds, line-ups and following plans. I have never been before and it was for our 7 year old daughter. It was a complete surprise to her when we arrived. Her jaw just dropped open and I think she was in shock for the first bit.

I'm glad we got the 4 day pass and hit the park the day we got there and the day we flew out of LAX to Tahiti in the evening. It was well worth it.

Stayed at Sheraton Park and the 15 minute walk was fine for us. Nice hotel.

Anyway we lucked out and line-ups were non-existant. We went on popular rides repeatedly with no wait. You can get very wet on the Grizzly River Run if you go on it 3 times in a row within a 15 minute period.

Churros count as dinner, right?

Weather was perfect the whole time.

Christmas decorations were up already by November 7th and we got to see an early Christmas parade due to a Christmas special being filmed.

We saw Fantasmic, World of Color, Alladin and the Disney Fireworks. Surprised how much I liked the Fireworks. Got a Fast Pass for World of Colour.

I even bought myself a Mickey Mouse t-shirt.

In conclusion our daughter loved her surprise trip to Disneyland but the biggest surprise is I loved it just as much and was sad to leave even though we were headed to Tahiti.

Who knows maybe next time I'll even get myself a Mickey Mouse hat.

Mentioned in this post
Grizzly River Run
Grizzly River Run
49 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
871 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,558 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

glad you had a good time, oddly enough, i was also there that weekend and saw the christmas taping business, i watched for a while, but they do have to go really slow, and repeat everything multiple times, so i moved on after that to other things.

i actually liked the world of color better this time, they had obviously changed it as it was much easier to see from farther back.

hope you also had a good time in tahiti.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

Ya we watched some of the taping on the stage outside the castle for about 15 minutes on the Sunday and got bored and headed to the Matterhorn.

Enjoyed World of Color and the Tron stuff at the end was cool. We went to it the Monday night and were in the park from about 9:30am to the end of World of Color that day.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

Enjoyed Tahiti too. Here's that trip report. Lazed around on over water bungalow deck, jumped in water, swam, snorkelled, got out of water, had a tasty drink... repeat. Oh, had 2 Thunderstorms so drank champagne on deck and watched rain come down. Snorkelled with sharks and Manta Rays. Daughter loved the Manta Rays.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,558 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

you are funny :) i thinks thats the shortest (but covers all the bases) trip report ive heard so far. ;)

Level Contributor
37,637 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

Sounds like you had a memorable time! We were in Disneyland a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. It was a Sat. and we had very short waits in all of the lines and went on our fave rides twice. :)

Edited: 24 November 2010, 01:13
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

"Enjoyed Tahiti too. Here's that trip report. Lazed around on over water bungalow deck, jumped in water, swam, snorkeled, got out of water, had a tasty drink... repeat....drank champagne on deck and watched rain come down. Snorkeled with sharks and Manta Rays."

Thanks for the great trip report. Brought back some wonderful memories..... I'd be interested in knowing if you think there's anything comparable on Maui (or anywhere else in the Hawaiian islands).

Oh, and thanks for the Disney report too. ;-) (yours too, syrahgirl)

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

Mistletoe, I'd say Kauai is the island most like Tahiti. None of the Hawaiian islands have the beautiful blue lagoons like they have in Tahiti. Hawaiian Air has a flight to Tahiti once a week so you can combine the 2 destinations. That would be a cool holiday. Of course stick Disneyland on at the very beginning.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

Thanks, lovin'maui. I was thinking Kauai too. If you're looking with eyes half-closed, Anini beach might work, but we (my wife and I) should probably resign ourselves to never finding an FP experience in Hawaii.

I chuckled at reading your Disney report. We made a stop for Disneyland our first trip to FP too, and that was also my first time ever to Disneyland.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

This was our second Tahiti trip. My husband and I also went in 2008 for our 10 year anniversary. No plans to go back for a few years. Gotta save up again. We can go to Hawaii for 1/3rd the price of Tahiti.

It was our first Disney trip though.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
879 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quick Disney trip report Nov 6-9

thank for the report. We are going in April, with 7 and 4 yo. It will be a surprise for them. I can not wait. We are also hoping for small q's, and staying at double tree. Contemplating four day pass, instead of 3