We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

Idaho
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

My husband and I will be staying at the Paradise Pier in mid-February and one of the main reasons we were going to stay there (instead of off site) was because of the monorail entrance into the park. I have read that the monorail will be down for quite some time, does anyone have any info on this. I checked the refurbishment calendar and couldn't find any info. Does anyone know if I can call Disney to find out? If so, what number do I call?

Any help is appreciated,

Kathy

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

Hiya Misscampbells,

You might try the official Disneyland site at …go.com/disneyland/en_US/home/home…

I'm guessing you can contact Disneyland and find out about the information you need regarding the monorail.

Idaho
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

I tried that, but couldn't find any info on it, maybe I missed it. Anyone else???

Kathy

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

The original plan was to have the Monorails closed for about a year and a half, but it got changed, mainly due to the request of the hotels.

What will happen is that starting the Tuesday (subject to change), instead of doing a "full loop", the Monorails will switch to shuttle service, and only offer one way trips. Basically the Monorails will load at either Tomorrowland or Downtown Disney (the hotel stop) and then go thru Disney's California Adventure to the other station. It will then unload, and go in the oppisite direction to the original station.

This way, they avoid going over the old Submarine Lagoon, which will allow for the construction for the new Finding Nemo ride.

The shuttle service will go from Janaury thru Labor Day.

After Labor Day, the Monorail will shut down until mid-2007. This will allow for remodeling of the Tomorrowland Station, and the new queue for Finding Nemo, which will be right below the station.

Idaho
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

Darkbeer, you are such a help. I had a feeling you would know the answer to this.

Thanks so much!

Kathy

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

Sorry I wasn't any help.

Idaho
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

LittleRedHead, I wasn't trying to mean you weren't any help, I'm sorry if that came off that way. I had just already tried that, thank you for responding though.

Kathy

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

Hey it's cool. I didn't mean to imly that I thought you were being mean. I just wish I could have been more helpful.

I should have checked the webiste more thoroughly before posting the link. I guess it doesn't surprise me that Disney wouldn't post on their website that the Monorail is going to be down. They tend to avoid any kind of information that could be construed as negative.

Glad you got the information you needed.

anaheim, ca
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Monorail to be down????? Anyone know when?

I was there yesterday and its a 1/2 loop. From DTD the monorail goes "backwards" to Tomorrowland.

Since its only 1 monorail the lines can be long.... but lucky its not a long walk to the main entrance if you can't wait!