We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ethnic food choices

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
877 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
ethnic food choices

After reading old post and restaraunt reviews for Aneheim, Cypress, and Garden Grove, I do not see many ethnic food choices. Our nearest ethnic food is in the bay area, San Francisco to San Jose. We thought that going towards LA would provude lots o choices, but so far my picks from the reviews are Sweetie Thai, and Grandmas Chicken house. Else it all looks like chains. Is this true?

We will have a car and 7 & 4 yr old, staying around Disney

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ethnic food choices

There are many Chinese, Thai and some Korean restaurants in Anaheim. I also remember seeing a Russian and Greek. I'm sorry, I don't remember where, but you could do a Google or Bing search and find out. Also, don't rule out a "chain" restaurant. Nothing at all wrong with them. Take care and have a Merry Christmas. Chuck...

Edited: 16 December 2010, 02:04
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ethnic food choices

Westminster is home to a pretty sizable Vietnamese population and as such, lots of choices for vietnamese food around the city. Near Anaheim there is also some good Indian restaurants and Cambodian restaurants too. Further out in Huntington Beach and Irvine there are good Brazilian and Peruvian eateries. Depends how far you're willing to drive around and outside of Anaheim. Chains aren't all that bad, really...

Look to www.yelp.com or www.chowhound.com for more restaurant help and reviews

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,498 posts
1,861 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ethnic food choices

Several decent Indian restaurants in the Anaheim area, as well as Oriental restaurants.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,350 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ethnic food choices

There are a ton of ethnic restaurants in Garden Grove, it is home to a sizable Asian population, especially Vietnamese.

Choco is right, use Yelp.com to search for the specific kind of food you want.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ethnic food choices

If you like Vietnamese food, let me know. I can recommend a few good places for you to try if you are adventurous to try them. :)

I have been down to Westminster quite a few times and my cousins have taken me to some really good Vietnamese food that you won't find in San Francisco for sure, maybe San Jose, but Westminster would definitely be the area to have Vietnamese food if you want authentic Vietnamese food.

I, myself, am heading down there at the end of this month and would definitely have Vietnamese food everyday or most of the day.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ethnic food choices

For Thai we like Spice Thai in Lake Forest www.spicethai.net. My brother has tried a lot and says this is the best.

For Japanese a very popular place is Taiko in Irvine. 14775 Jeffrey, Su. K. There is a sushi bar that is amazing. In the restaurant section you can order sushi and off a regular menu.

Jen in SoCal

Edited: 17 December 2010, 09:06
California
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ethnic food choices

Are there any specific ethnicities you're interested in?? As mentioned, Westminster has a BIG Vietnamese community so there are tons of Vietnamese places to eat. Cypress is next to Cerritos and Artesia, which has I believe the biggest Indian community, so lots of Indian restaurants. And they also have some great Chinese places. But I agree. Check out Yelp for more info!

8. Re: ethnic food choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2011, 05:26