We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Mountain Advice

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Mountain Advice

Im planning my trip to Anaheim, Las Vegas and LA. Most of my time will be spent around Anaheim (Disneyland, etc) but I will be spending a few days in LA (maybe Hollywood) as well.

I want to visit Magic Mountain as I will be hiring a car during my stay.

Is Magic Mountain closer to LA or Anaheim?

What's the drive like? Freeways, etc?

Thanks

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Mountain Advice

Check out Google Maps, it will show you the exact route to use.

It's closer to LA though, and the drive is easy mainly freeway.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Mountain Advice

Magic Mountain is located north of Los Angeles and will involve a drive across Los Angeles on the 5 freeway. During off-season it is only open on the weekends. Not sure when you are planning your visit, so you will have schedule your activities accordingly.

Edited: 31 January 2011, 14:39
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Mountain Advice

Its a lot closer to Los Angeles - Anaheim is south of LA, Magic Mountain is to the north. Interstate 5 runs between Anaheim and where Magic Mountain is located - the drive between the two is about 60 miles. Interstate 5 can get very congested during the day (especially during rush hours - figure 6:30-9:30AM on weekdays and 4-7PM on weeknights) so you'll want to plan to get on the road really early in the morning and stay at the park until at least 7:30 or so if you go on a weekday. Traffic is not as much of a worry on weekends but it can still be bad.

From LA (depending on exactly where in LA you are starting from) the drive would be substantially shorter (for instance, Hollywood to Magic Mountain is slightly under 30 miles). Ultimately you'd use Interstate 5 again to reach Magic Mountain but you'd probably take some other freeways to Interstate 5, again depending on what part of LA you start from.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Mountain Advice

Thanks for the info guys. All the maps indicated LA was closer but sometimes the drive can be easier from other locations.All ways best to ask a local.

Looks like were heading to Magic Mountain from LA. I just noticed they have adults tickets on special at kids prices. Even better. Thanks for your help.

Question certainly answered.

5. Re: Magic Mountain Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 12:16